Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Window [Re: JeanneM] #396051 02/22/10 06:40 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
South Jersey Bird Club Parrot Adoption Program. Rescue and adoption; no adoption fee; tri-state-area placement. Pat Baltozer, 856-881-9373, crbpeb@delanet.com

Wings of Hope. Rescue and adoption; adoption fee. P. O. Box 214, Jackson; Jannet King, wingsofhopenj@aol.com

If these are not near you call them, they may know of a group nearer to you.

Please do not put them outside. They will die.

You have put a great deal into these birds. Maybe you just need some new toys. What kind do they have? Sometimes just moving the toys around makes a difference. Rearrange the cage.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Window [Re: cyberbud] #396158 02/24/10 01:22 AM
G
G M Kenny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am not letting them go, I just think they want to fly outside, the only toy they play with is this one with strings they can pull on. Lately, they've been eating their perches (wood,rope) and they finally started using the cuttlebone too. Is it normal they're pecking at their perches, because the wood is coming off and they're tangling up the rope perch. Also they've been rubbing their face on their ladder and perches, is it just some bird thing or is something wrong because Paris never did this before

Re: Window [Re: G M Kenny] #396160 02/24/10 01:36 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
It all sounds like pretty normal bird behavior. It also sounds like you might need some new perches. You really have to keep an eye on the string toys. Once they start getting to chewed up you need to remove them as they become dangerous. They could get tangled in the strings, expose toxic metals etc. The same goes for the wood perches.

Sounds like your keets are in major chew mode. I recently purchased a container of live wheatgrass and my two have been loving tearing it apart. Give them some flavored mineral blocks in addition to the cuttlebone.

I'm so glad ( and know the rest of the forum is too) that you are not going to release your birds outside. :-)

Give them more chewing options/ripping apart options.

Maybe a dish of their favorite toys? Mine like to just spend the day throwing everything out. I pick it up and give to them the next day!

Hope this helps!

Kathy

Last edited by cyberbud; 02/24/10 01:37 AM.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Window [Re: cyberbud] #396161 02/24/10 01:44 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
they maybe also coming into a moult where they are rubbing their heads on ladders etc...they may have the moult itches..giggle..even tho you may not see anything yet ..it could be starting..also they do that to clean their beaks..they dont have napkins but probably would love one just to chew up..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site