Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Window #395980 02/21/10 03:14 PM
G
G M Kenny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Is it torture if I keep my parakeets near a window everyday? They stare outside all the time, and I think they don't want to be living here

I want to release them but I'm not sure how they'll be able to live outside when it's been so long

What should I do?

Re: Window [Re: G M Kenny] #395989 02/21/10 05:33 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
omg DONT release they wont survive they are interested in outside it give them something ***injoyable to do like when we love to look outside ..it becomes relaxing...i let Cappy fly to a spare cage i have hanging up right by my patio sliders to watch the birds as they come in to feed at my feeders..he gets so happy and excited to see all his distant cousins come to visit..and everyday he will sit and watch or fly when they fly and come back and talk to them..he thinks its sooooooo wayyyy cool...

Re: Window [Re: illusive Fantasy] #396007 02/21/10 07:49 PM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Buttercup enjoys the window show too. Like Ilusive says, it's entertaining and relaxing. I know Buttercup can even hear the wild birds talking sometimes. If you are just talking about letting your bird loose inside the house/room, well I'm a big advocate of allowing that freedom. I've seen cats sit by windows as well, sort of like watching TV. If you are sincerely thinking of letting back into the wild, well that is just not acceptable. Better to find a caring home for them.

JeanneM
Re: Window [Re: illusive Fantasy] #396008 02/21/10 07:51 PM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Buttercup enjoys the window show too. Like Ilusive says, it's entertaining and relaxing. I know Buttercup can even hear the wild birds talking sometimes. If you are just talking about letting your bird loose inside the house/room, well I'm a big advocate of allowing that freedom. I've seen cats sit by windows as well, sort of like watching TV. If you are sincerely thinking of letting them back into the wild, well that is just not acceptable. Better to find a caring home for them.

JeanneM
Re: Window [Re: JeanneM] #396009 02/21/10 07:52 PM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
oops sorry

JeanneM
Re: Window [Re: JeanneM] #396013 02/21/10 08:09 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh no! DO NOT release them. They can not survive in the wild!
I agree that they probably enjoy looking out the window.
Do they ever get out of their cage to fly around???
If you really want to give up on them, FIND THEM A LOVING HOME!!!!
If i remember right, you've had them for a while, so you must care about them. What makes you think they're not happy there??

Re: Window [Re: kksuns] #396031 02/21/10 10:56 PM
Kymber Offline
Friend
Friend
One of my two newly adopted budgies, Chance, actually got out of his previous home, wore himself out flying and ended up in an animal shelter before the Mickaboo bird rescue people got him.

I echo the sentiment of others here ... DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GUYS LOOSE! A budgie that has always known a life as a pet is not equipped in the least for life on its own outside.

If you're not going to keep them, contact Mickaboo (if you're in California) or another bird rescue organization and let them find a new home for them.

Re: Window [Re: Kymber] #396035 02/21/10 11:29 PM
G
G M Kenny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I thought the reason they look out the window was because they want to go outside and fly, I always leave the cage open so they can come out whenever they like

They only chirp in the morning when it's bright and sunny, never in the afternoon/evening, unless they see a bird fly by or I play some parakeet noises

I think they're bored most of the time, the only play with one toy in their cage, and when they come out to fly, I don't really have fun places for them to sit on, so they just sit on their cage or the fan

I just feel they can have a much better life somewhere else than with me

Re: Window [Re: G M Kenny] #396040 02/21/10 11:54 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
then see if you can find a rescue bird organization near you..or even ask around to the vets..maybe they know someone who will take them in..also research any bird clubs in your area and contact them to speak to the members of the club about adopting

Re: Window [Re: illusive Fantasy] #396041 02/22/10 01:45 AM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I wish you lived in Missouri. I'd take them for you.

JeanneM
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Freemasons and the Da Vinci Code
by EVA21SA - 01/18/21 07:40 AM
Total Freedom
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:52 AM
Matthew 12:40
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:45 AM
What does this dream mean?
by vicyclethree - 01/14/21 06:57 PM
Bravo
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
Confused about direct descendent (spoilers)
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
One male has mated two females...
by EVA21SA - 12/22/20 09:07 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site