Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: Advice for a bad bird owner [Re: jilly] #393516 01/14/10 07:43 PM
G
G M Kenny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
My new guy is fine now but Paris recently has been looking very sick, last night I went to change her food and when I came back she started to go to it as I was putting it in the cage (she usually waits till I leave), then as she was eating I took her out of the cage and she was still eating there not flying away, and I put some food on my bed and she hopped to it (she never sat on the floor/bed before)

She would even get on my finger but kept going for the food, and lately she's been looking really fat, and she doesn't move now or chirp to music or other birds even

I want to take her to a vet but my parents don't want to spend the money and they think she'll just get better, when she was on my finger last night, she also had this rotten smell

My past bird who died also was bloated looking had the same smell the day before he died, and he sat on the bottom of his cage. Paris is sitting on her perches still but she did go on my bed/carpet so I'm really worried right now

Is there something we can buy to put in her food/water that could make her better?

Also, her poop lately has been really hard to clean off, it hardens and sticks to the cage, and leaves stains on the perches now

Edit: Today she's sitting in her cage, not responding to food and she won't even move when I get my finger close to her

Last edited by G M Kenny; 01/14/10 08:16 PM.
Re: Advice for a bad bird owner [Re: G M Kenny] #393524 01/14/10 09:01 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
birds poop does stick when it dries it doesnt forever stay moist..also it will stain perches..thats all normal..
However i think its a bad practice to allow birds onto the floor for MANY reasons ..accidents and no telling what they will find on the floor to pick and eat..and besides there is too much in carpets to cause problems...so id keep her off the floor

Re: Advice for a bad bird owner [Re: G M Kenny] #393525 01/14/10 09:09 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Sorry to hear your bird isn't feeling well. You could try keeping your bird extra warm by putting a heating pad underneath half of the cage. Sometimes that works.

It really needs to go to the vet. You could always call a vet and see if you can get some advice or work out a payment plan.

Good Luck!

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Advice for a bad bird owner [Re: cyberbud] #393526 01/14/10 11:06 PM
jilly Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I agree with cyberbud. I think it's time to bring Paris to the vet. It could be a tumor. Lisa has a lot of articles covering this here if you want to read up.

Jilly
LisaShea.com Forum Moderator
Frugal Living Editor at BellaOnline.com
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
NEW YEARS WISHES
by EVA21SA - 10/15/20 07:51 PM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by EVA21SA - 10/10/20 07:50 AM
nike air max2 light blanche
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:53 AM
nike air max2 light schwarz
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:42 AM
Frankie is sick again
by Tally - 09/28/20 09:13 PM
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site