Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long awaited return #391980 12/22/09 11:46 PM
Puds Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
First i am sorry that i up and vanished. I was not feeling my best and was placed into the hospital. It took me a few months to get my medicine and daily life back to normal....but now i am back (and i feel blessed that i got messages wishing all is well with me).

My parakeet, who many new comers do not know, is named Puddles. when i left i was slightly confused as the gender, but know i now.....i have a GIRL!!! A moody, loud, bossy (and great) female. She is about 10months old. Just a update, she can eat her weight in veggies (all kinds). Prefers them over pellets (which i gave up on, she was not eating a decent amount) and seed! Sadly, i am failing her in teaching the whole "no bite" thing, but she does not do it alot, or constantly. most of what i thought her biting was was her trying to get moved from one place to another (testing grounds). Her cere is still white, so i hope when she goes into breeding mode(if ever) she does not nip more.

She loves to sound with me(i am shocked) somewhere she picked up a raspberry sound (maybe the nephews) and we can do it back and fourth all day....its kind of fun!!! She makes clicks and cute little laughs but no words. Every time i say "puds do you have a story for me?" she does a happy Fweeep and goes on and on! I love how she responds to me, its so fun! I can call her and she actually comes when i pat my hand, its so....puppy like!

She plays and chirps and is so fun! She really helped me get better, and i am thankful. Spending a entire day with my bird has really bonded us. When i couldent get out of bed i would move her cage close and talk/make noise... feed her treats and veggies through the bars. When i had the energy to get out of bed she was all over me and playing. I think i like it best when she falls asleep on me though.

If you have time, yes parakeets can be your "pet dog" and show the same amount of love back!

New pics soon smile
Re: Long awaited return [Re: Puds] #391982 12/23/09 12:12 AM
peepers14 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
I missed you !!! i remember you telling us all your fun times with Puddles. And yes, i do agree with you about parakeets having the same amount of affection as dogs do. When they preen your hair or just snuggle with you, it's them saying i love you in a special way. Thats why i chose a budgie over a puppy.

I Luv Budgies!
Re: Long awaited return [Re: peepers14] #391986 12/23/09 12:53 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
It's SO good to see you back! Glad you're feeling better.
Sounds like you and Puddles are best buds. That's cool smile I think it is so darn sweet that she will fall asleep with you. awww
I wish my guys would snuggle and take a nap with me.
I totally agree that these lil guys/gals can be just as affectionate and are as smart as dogs if you take the time to just talk to them and love them. Until I got Levi I had NO idea how much they really CAN understand, and how much company they are..and how entertaining and funny...and.. They are amazing!

Re: Long awaited return [Re: Puds] #391994 12/23/09 02:09 PM
L
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
L
Glad to "see" you and hear that you are feeling better! I wondered what had happened and if you were alright.
So happy to hear you & Puddles are having fun and giving each other love. grin

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site