Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: First Bird Story [Re: BLR] #391593 12/15/09 07:38 PM
Gustafson Offline
Companion
Companion
I got my Sonya in a similar fashion as Tweetymom and BLR. There was a terrible storm blowing in, (we had trees about 50+ feet tall nearly sideways) and our neighbors walked over with a beautiful fighter of a budgie asking us if we were missing a bird. My dad said no, but offered to take her from them to find her home. My boyfriend at the time, drove out in the worst rain I've ever seen here, and got her a cage, food and a few toys. She snuggled with my dad for most of the night, slept peacefully during the night, and was a whole new bird in the morning. Well we never found a home, but she stayed with us. We only had her for a few months before she passed away, but that time was so blessed and insightful, and now I have two other keets. She opened my heart to birds.

It's funny, I never thought things like finding birds on the street or your backyard ever happen, and now I know! I hadn't realized many people don't have the usual pet store experience with their pets.

Last edited by Gustafson; 12/15/09 07:39 PM.
Re: First Bird Story [Re: Gustafson] #391596 12/15/09 08:25 PM
L
Luvanimalsdearly Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
My first bird story very sad tho.
I was an animal lover from an early age. I really wanted petsso my mom said we could have parakeets. We got an old cage from my grandma's house. We went to the pet store and I picked out a blue budgie with a white head. The next morning my dad was ventilating and I was sitting in my parent's warm room hand feeding the parakeet. I had named him Parry. My mom and brother came home with a green parakeet whom we named Greeny. Parry got very sick. The pet store had sold us a sick bird. We nursed him and tried our best. We bought the sand covers for the perches, but the sick bird got a large sore on his leg. He limped around with it. We gave him antibiotics and survived for a year. That was my first bird, not the best way to start with birds.

Re: First Bird Story [Re: Luvanimalsdearly] #391601 12/15/09 09:49 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you did well to keep him a year when he started out so sick.

Re: First Bird Story [Re: illusive Fantasy] #391610 12/16/09 12:27 AM
peepers14 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
This is not one of those sad stories about people getting the first bird, but i got peepers at petco. He was one of the prittest budgies in the large tank and the lady (named Gail) got a large fishing net and grab the best budgie in there and thats how i received peepers.

I Luv Budgies!
Re: First Bird Story [Re: peepers14] #391619 12/16/09 12:47 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
He is a beauty for sure.

Re: First Bird Story [Re: BLR] #391627 12/16/09 05:14 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
A FISHING NET sick Did you tell her this isnt the aquarium section..good lawd. And you wonder why... frown

Re: First Bird Story [Re: illusive Fantasy] #391628 12/16/09 05:26 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Ok update from previous page on "pinhead".. eek as mentioned i got some stainless steel wire to reduce the space between the cage bars as mentioned they are 1/2 inch but, when a "PinHead" is what ya got, who seemingly has a suicide wish, you have to do something so he doesnt hang himself. So, today we started to do the cage roof with..HIM INSIDE. cry They are coming to take me away i swear..anyway as im trying to weave, pull, cut, bend, and crimp..little mr nameless..is running around inside hanging upside down playing contortionist an turning himself inside out and then showing me all the places that needed the gap closed..he would poke out his head ID BONK him with the pliers. He run to a different place..a inch away do it again and id be shoving his head back down. I told him i dont need you to show me where you can still do a "up periscope" and or for you to inspect the work...one good thing is thru all of this it no longer seemed like he was going to be able to also thread his wings thru the bars,.so ...success we got him fattened up a bit in the last 5 wks,.now i want to superglue a catball on top of his head and drive him as nuts as he does me and THEN lets see him pop his head thru.. crazy

Re: First Bird Story [Re: illusive Fantasy] #391629 12/16/09 05:29 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
WHATTTTTT!!!! When he moults he will lose the ball..geeeesh

Re: First Bird Story [Re: illusive Fantasy] #391630 12/16/09 05:56 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I had a hamster that spent more time out of her cage than in it. At least I didn't have to worry about her strangling herself, just the cat getting her.

Re: First Bird Story [Re: BLR] #391632 12/16/09 11:17 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Lovely stories smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site