LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388265 11/05/09 07:01 PM
D
DebCrawford Offline
D
What a neat idea. Here are some of my suggestions:

Be nice to people. If you greet people with kindess and friendlines, most often that's what you get in return. And, it is often contagious and spreads good vibes to many others.

Clean up after yourself. No matter where you go, pick up and dispose of your trash, put stuff back where it belongs, leave things the same or better than you found them.

Listen. Listen to your advisors (friends, family, therapists, gurus), the universe, great music, babies laughing and especially to yourself. We hear way too much, all day long, but if we stop to listen, we can learn so much more.

Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: DebCrawford] #388277 11/05/09 10:03 PM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Heya, Deb, those are awesome ideas, and oh so true! If each of us cleaned up after ourselves, and spread waves of peace and serenity outwards, amazing how much better the world would be!

Pay attention to local politics. Know what your town and state are doing, and speak up on important issues. That way you can guide how your tax dollars are being spent, and try to ensure that government waste is slowly brought under control.

Imagine a world where all the money wasted by government went towards something useful instead. We could solve all sorts of problems!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388284 11/05/09 10:29 PM
jilly Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I do try to make a point to pick up trash when I am hiking, or just walking about. I can often even recycle some of the things I find, which makes me feel even better.

I worry about germs, so i carry little plastic gloves and a bag to toss the trash into.

I think people have more respect for the places they live, and pride in their community, when there is less trash blowing around. So this helps everyone.

Jilly
LisaShea.com Forum Moderator
Frugal Living Editor at BellaOnline.com
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: jilly] #388294 11/05/09 11:01 PM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
That is very true Jilly it's like in NYC when they did the sweep of cleaning up all the subway cars. It made a huge rolling difference in everything.

Donate excess clothes to charity. If you really don't wear it, then give it away. Take a photo if you want, to remember it, and then let it go. It'll help other people stay warm and maybe get a job!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388431 11/06/09 10:07 AM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Conserve water. Many parts of the world have serious water shortages! Turn off your faucet when you brush your teeth, take shorter showers, hang your clothes out to dry when you can. Wash with cold water when you can.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388449 11/06/09 05:10 PM
Chelle Offline
Get involed with kids. I'm not just talking about your own (if you have them).

Things like Big Brother/ Big Sister, volunteering to coach little league, reading at the library. When little ones see other people care about them - then they care about other people.

Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Chelle] #388467 11/06/09 09:38 PM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
That is so true, Chelle. The way we treat people younger than us is the way we perpetuate emotions and attitudes into the world. It is amazing how much a casual word or phrase we say can have life-long effects on another person, to cement their point of view, or to open them up to new ones.

Along the same path, we should try to volunteer at senior centers or find other ways to show our appreciation for seniors. Often those individuals went through their whole life working for others, and never received any support or thanks in return.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388766 11/08/09 11:24 PM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
OK Jilly suggested we add an entry for donating food to food pantries every month - not just at Thanksgiving. They already get a flood of food at the holidays and perishables don't last very long. Donate things on the other holidays! Create your own holiday!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #388997 11/11/09 10:15 AM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Luvanimalsdearly has brought up a great idea - keep an eye on local pet stores. Support the ones who take great care of their pets, and report the ones who don't so that the authorities step in and make sure they do!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Every [Re: Lisa Shea] #389014 11/11/09 05:07 PM
Lisa Shea Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
**mattie** gets credit for the idea of donating gifts for auctions and raffles at charity events. You create something hand-made, and the item gets sold to help a charity! It's a great way to knit or crochet or otherwise use your time for a greater cause smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Buy Modalert Online|Modalert 200mg Sleepiness Tabl
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 12:08 PM
Purchase Generic Nuvigil Online for Sleep Apnea
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 11:47 AM
Buy Tapentadol Online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 11:08 AM
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 10:14 AM
Buy Eszopiclone online
by Derick Cook - 08/20/21 01:19 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site