Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HELP! #387510 10/31/09 02:00 AM
K
kksuriano87 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have two parakeets, Bella and Kiwi. I got Kiwi first and she has always had a bad temperament. I thought it might help to get her a friend since I am at school all day. Hence... Bella, soooo sweet. I separated them for a few days when I got them like I was told to do. But Kiwi still has not gotten use to her and it's been a coule months. She is frequently pecking at Bella and running her away from one of their food dishes, treats or toys. Today I noticed Bella's droppings are a little runny. I'm worried that she may not be getting enough food. What can I do to have my birds adjust to one another?

Re: HELP! [Re: kksuriano87] #387515 10/31/09 02:30 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
if she's not eating very much, her poops will be a bright green.

You might try keeping them separate for a lot longer. Quaranteen usually lasts at least a few weeks or more. Since they've already met, put the separate cages in the same room, but start far away. Then put them closer and closer, so they have time to get used to each other. Also, do they each have their owm food dishes and water dishes? You need a feeding dish and a water dish for EACH bird.

Possibly someone on here has better ideas. I'm just going by what I've read on here.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here!

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: HELP! [Re: kksuriano87] #387526 10/31/09 05:13 AM
tealcandtina Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Hi and welcome! The runny poops are probably stress related. And a stressed out bird gets sick easier. It sounds like separation is in order. Good luck to you!

Re: HELP! [Re: tealcandtina] #387547 10/31/09 04:00 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I agree you should probably separate them. Sounds very stressful for little Bella and yes stress can certainly cause runny poops.
Maybe separate cages but some out of cage, supervised play time together?
Hopefully they will eventually get along but there are times when, just like people, 2 birds just plain don't like each other. Or in this case 1 that doesn't like the other frown
I hope you're able to work it out so they become friends smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site