Thinking about another parakeet? #386977 10/23/09 12:45 PM
N
Nacho. Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
N
Hello all. I haven't been on this forum in ages smile
But my parakeet Nacho is doing well. She's been a single bird now for a while. But we're thinking about geting her a friend. I'm in college now and I'm at my boyfriends house so there are times where shes alone during the day. I was thinking of just going and getting a baby bird, training it, then try introducing them. I don't think I could have them live together because Nacho is very territorail but maybe have the cages in the same room and when they're out of the cage they can play together? Would this be a good idea?

Re: Thinking about another parakeet? [Re: Nacho.] #387038 10/24/09 12:47 AM
N
Nacho. Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
N
Also I was wondering if geting a male parakeet would be a bad idea? I've heard they're nicer as pets and don't bite as much. If they don't live together then is it possible they won't mate?

Re: Thinking about another parakeet? [Re: Nacho.] #387045 10/24/09 04:12 AM
tealcandtina Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Do you really have time, and money. to devote to training and cleaning, besides the time you already spend with Nacho? If Nacho is doing well and you spend time with her when you're home she is probably ok as is. Leave the radio on for her, or t.v. when you're gone.
On the other hand... I have 15 so who am I to talk! If you have the time, money, patience... go for it!
The vet bill this week for Frenchfry was $125, see what I mean? Bacteria happenscry

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site