LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Ziggy] #387002 10/23/09 08:24 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
:-) Sounds like you've made great progress.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: cyberbud] #387003 10/23/09 08:58 PM
S
Sky & Emerald Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well I'm really mad at my brother. He likes the birds too, and he think he can help train them,but he hasn't read ANYTHING about training parakeets.So today he tried to get Sky to get up on his finger.Sky kept backing away so I told him to stop because the bird obviously didn't want to come on, but he kept trying.He didn't hurt Sky but did this make Sky distrust us even more?

Ok, here's a pic.

I think I'm gonna buy them a bigger cage,but I don't have enough money and my parents definitely won't pay for it.Maybe I'll save up for one.

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Sky & Emerald] #387004 10/23/09 09:28 PM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
how big is it mine is about 17.5 W 19 H and like 14 L

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Ziggy] #387011 10/23/09 10:00 PM
D
DaMostLoved Offline
Companion
Companion
D
I don't think it'll make her not trust you unless he freaked her out really badly. My boyfriend accidentally pulled the tail feathers off one of my birds, and she regressed on her training a lil. But she will still go on my hand to eat. I guess she knows I didn't do it smile

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: DaMostLoved] #387020 10/23/09 11:16 PM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
haha thats mean of ur bf but at least she knos you didnt do it =P

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Ziggy] #387033 10/24/09 12:19 AM
S
Sky & Emerald Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well he didn't freak them out,but they didn't like him trying to get them on his finger.

I have no clue how big my cage is,but I could measure it if you really wanted to know.

Oh yeah,and Emerald's cere/beak are worrying me.Are they supposed to be like that?The beak isn't bright orange,it's more of a darker colored yellow.And her cere...I can't explain it.I'll get an upclose pic of her tomorrow.

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Sky & Emerald] #387048 10/24/09 07:00 AM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
no i dont mind do you think mine would be anything close to yours?

im glad i juss came home and looked into the cage hes coverd from all but 1 spots he on a swing near one of his toys i guess he was sleeping. i covered him fully and turned down the tv.

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Ziggy] #387050 10/24/09 07:24 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Mitchell,

JMHO but your cage is small for considering to have two keets with minimum out of cage time when you go back to school. (Sorry if my assumption is incorrect...)

There is a thread on hear about good cage size...try the search function.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: cyberbud] #387088 10/24/09 04:24 PM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
yeah im not going to get another keet till this one is more loyal and used to me.
i went to petco today i bought some pellets for him call Lafebers premium daily diet.
any1 can tell me if this is a good buy??

Re: Hi,I'm new and have questions about my parakeets. [Re: Ziggy] #387091 10/24/09 04:51 PM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
lol ziggy goes absolutely crazy when i turn on other keets singing or chirping. i found this one but this looks pretty crazy to have for one person... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52S001z0hlY&NR=1

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site