LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: baby blue] #387006 10/23/09 09:53 PM
D
DaMostLoved Offline
Companion
Companion
D
How did the vet visit go tigresstki?

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: DaMostLoved] #387030 10/23/09 11:52 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I'm just checking in too. How'd it go?

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: kksuns] #387037 10/24/09 12:35 AM
T
tigresstki Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
T
Thanks guys for the concern.The vet said that she was fine and that she was just stressed from the fighting with Dee.the vet said to try and get her to feed from my hand or give her more of her favorite veggies and watch how much she eats a day and try to keep her relaxed and comfortable and if anything changes call and let the vet know.So I will just have to put a few more pieces of broccoli and carrots in her cage and see if she will eat some more.

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: tigresstki] #387074 10/24/09 02:36 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I had a feeling it was due to all the changes and fighting. I'm glad you took her to the vet tho..better safe than sorry. And it must ease your mind knowing she's not sick. *sigh of relief smile
If she likes broccoli, have you tried wedging a piece between the cage bars near a perch?
How is your dog? No broken toes I hope?

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: kksuns] #387075 10/24/09 02:51 PM
T
tigresstki Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
T
Yeah it was like "Yay shes ok nothing to worry about now" it was like a huge weight off my shoulders.And the dog broke 2 toes and fractured his leg near his foot they put him in a little cast its funny because now he has to be carried upstairs and on beds and he hates it he growls and squirms whenever you pick him up.

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: tigresstki] #387076 10/24/09 02:58 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh no! 2 broken toes and a fractured leg!? Poor baby frown Ouch! What kind of dog is he? Must not be a big one if you guys are carrying him up and down the stairs huh? LOL
I just thought of something....Maybe you should measure the food(seed) that you give to Dum so that you can better judge how much she's actually eating? Like if you give her 3 tsp(or whatever) in the morn, then when you change it in the evening blow off the hulls and measure what's left? Did that make sense? LOL

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: kksuns] #387136 10/25/09 02:02 AM
T
tigresstki Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
T
I already measure all their foods out I started the first day I got them by putting a line that i fill it up to everyday to make sure they are eating and everything and now since I have enough room in the big cage the tweedles have seperate dishes that they eat out of so I halfed the amount I had in the regular dish and put it in the pink dish and everyday the same anount is always gone.Even with recent squabbles and all three being in their own cage they still get the same amount as before (my aunt actually told me to measure their food like she does with her parrots.)Even in her own cage she is still eating all of her little pink cup of food so I think the stress of having Dee after her and having him be moved and introducing Macy to them has just caused some stress on her little tummy.Shes doing fine today droppings still small but getting back to normal size I think shes adjusting to cage life alone.Which will hopefully last a week longer until I can allow Dee back in with her.Poor Macy I think gets mad at them chirping at eachother all day from across the room because as soon as they start chirping and screaming at each other she starts screaming like "shut up now im trying to eat in peace geez" lol its cute they usually do stop for an hour or two when she does this also.Macys become the mama of the group haha.And the dog is a little mutt dont really know what he is he looks like a little corgi mix.

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: tigresstki] #387145 10/25/09 05:12 AM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
lmao "mutt" sounds like theres more love for the birdies then the dog lol =p

im slowly changing ziggys diet from seeds to pellets i give him small cup of seeds and a TSP of pellets and im going to switch it up slowly once he starts to get used to it.
i still dont have any luck on the fruits or veggies.
hes less scared of me now if hes standing closer to me and i get up and get close to the cage he looks at me while im talking.
when i change his food/water he watches me w/out moving anywhere =)
things are going well as for i had him, today is the 5th day really spend a lot of time with him =D

Re: More problems super frustrated help! [Re: Ziggy] #387146 10/25/09 07:25 AM
T
tigresstki Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
T
Yeah just try and slowly mix the foods and it should work as for veggies try broccoli and cut the tree leaves off(lol the tops of it) and mix it with just a little bit of seed or stick carrots in the bars thats what I did with mine.Thats great that hes getting used to you! And the dog gets ton of attention from my mom and me lol the birds get more attention from me than anyone else in the family especially right now since they are all fighting and poor Macy is stuck in the middle like "I know I did something wrong dont know what but I know I did" when she did nothing its so funny lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site