Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Whats your keet like? #385527 09/26/09 09:29 PM
Puds Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
How does your baby(ies) play? I have seen keets that are mainly mirror players, chewers, squakers, talkers, bell crazy, etc. It seems like every keet i see has their "favorite" way to play.

Mine couldent care less about bells and mirrors, but she craves anything she can wrap her beak around. all of her toys have to have something she can chew up and off, or she doesent fancy them?! She also loves to fly and run (which is fun for me too!)

I am just curious and want to hear if your little one(s) enjoy a certian thing!

New pics soon smile
Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: Puds] #385529 09/26/09 09:45 PM
A
Aubrey Teslow Offline
A
Mines really likes ladders. Your parekeet looks like a boy.

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: Aubrey Teslow] #385531 09/26/09 09:52 PM
Puds Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Oh ladders are great! thats soooo fun, do you have kind with beads smile

Puddles cere is white and pink today. That picture is about 2 months onld. I am looking to change it but i am on my local librarys computer and they will not let me upload new photos frown. Maybe i can get one from my flickr?

New pics soon smile
Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: Puds] #385533 09/26/09 10:36 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
My guys both like things with strings they can chew and grab hold of to give the toy a good shake. Even on foot toys so they can drag them around. Levi loves bells, preferably with strings attached LOL It seems I add fringey stuff to just about everything! And he also has a fav cat jingle ball toy that is solid all the way around with no holes. I think it make a unique noise.
And Ziggy loves things made from paper. He loves to rip and tear things.
Isn't it great to see them fly and run? They are just so majestic when flying, and once they get the hang of it they're AMAZING! And when they run they have that cute little waddle goin for them smile
What can I say? Keets are cool!

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: kksuns] #385539 09/27/09 01:07 AM
LuvMyPets Offline
Regular
Regular
My 3 year old parakeet (IceCube) is a really sweet bird and she is lazy and squawks a lot at the new bird (Foo) Is really playful and just like a dog he shakes his toys like a dog and while IceCube is squawking at him he just chirps like he really happy. LOL Foo and IceCube are exact opposites.

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: LuvMyPets] #385540 09/27/09 01:14 AM
L
Luvanimalsdearly Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Keets are cute kksuns. Cookie loves to throw toys off the edge of the cage and watch them fall. SHe runs to the edge to see the toy lying on the floor. Feddy on the other hand talks to his toys in his little keety chatter. Its soo cute. He picks up the hanging toy in his beak and lets it go. Ine of my keets RIP would actually make the little ferris wheel go round and round. They are so unique and I have many hours of fun with Cookie giving her the same toys to throw over the edge.

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: Luvanimalsdearly] #385542 09/27/09 01:55 AM
P
pino Offline
Regular
Regular
P
pino loves to destroy. there is a basket that is her favorite place to land and she is shredding it up like crazy. she also has one of the "clouds" in her cage that I have to replace all the time.
she has a mirror in the room she visits as soon as she gets out in the morning, but she gets bored of it quickly.
she also throws peas out of her food dish, I don't know if that counts as a game though...

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: pino] #385559 09/27/09 01:57 PM
Unique Offline
hahaha i do the same thing with my peas!!! lmao! smart bird!

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: Unique] #385568 09/27/09 02:58 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Levi is a pea flinger too,and man can he really heave those suckers! LOL whereas Ziggy eats the centers out and neatly makes a pile of the outside part.
Ziggy likes to clear all the toys off the cage top too, like luvsanimals dearly's Cookie. Ya gotta love the way they tilt their head sideways to watch the toy drop, then hurry to get another one. LOL
And Levi also loves to play fetch with a cat jingle ball with slits in it so he can grab it.I throw it on top of cage and he flies/runs to get it and throws it back to me. I'm not really sure who's doing the fetching tho..me or him??? hahaha

Re: Whats your keet like? [Re: kksuns] #385643 09/28/09 02:20 AM
_
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
_
Cookie is a thrasher. She picks up her favorite toy, and bangs it on the cage to hear the noise and the bell jingle. Its hilarious! She also is a chewer. She chews through wood like crazy. Way more than Rocky, whos beak is bigger and more powerful! And while playing, banging, thrashing about her toys, she squawks and talks and whistles and chatters and screams and acks acks acks. Its fun to watch!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site