Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RIP Sunny and Gracie #385547 09/27/09 03:48 AM
Saebjorn Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Our two birds Gracie the oldest bird we've had and sunny, one of her babies died recently and Sunny today. Gracie died of old age after we've been through so much, and Sunny died today after getting caught in a stringy chew toy which he enjoyed playing tug of war with Polly our other bird, both will be greatly missed. We plan on getting another bird to take Sunny's place as he was both friend and son to our last 2 remaining parakeets Polly and Rainbow. We'll miss you Sunny and Gracie and we'll always remember the happiness and joy you brought to us. When we bought Gracie she was the wild bird of the family, always being dominant over the others yet now matter how crazy she was she was our friend and the other birds enjoyed playing with her. She was smart and learned how to escape through the doors of the cage by lifting them up, and one day while cleaning the cage outside she flew away. My mom who had her phone background as a picture of Gracie in memory was running one day and her phone rang while talking to a crossing guard, who saw the picture and said a bird just like Gracie was on the mailmans shoulder one day as he tried to find the owner. It turns out he gave the bird to a policeman in town who gave the bird as a gift to his fiance and we came in contact with them and we got our love Gracie back, we were through so much with her and it's so hard knowing she's gone. Sunny was the brother of 3 other babies in Gracies second clutch with our other bird Rainbow. He always enjoyed playing with the other birds and took over leader of the cage from Gracie after she passed away. My sister and I had plans to tame him like we did with Rainbow and Polly. We'll miss you both little guys. With all our love RIP Gracie and Sunny.

Last edited by Saebjorn; 09/27/09 03:56 AM.
Re: RIP Sunny and Gracie [Re: Saebjorn] #385598 09/27/09 08:44 PM
P
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P
I'm sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Sunny and Gracie.

Re: RIP Sunny and Gracie [Re: ] #385723 09/29/09 01:53 AM
L
Luvanimalsdearly Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Its always hard to lose a keet and even harder to lose two RIP Sunny and Gracie

Re: RIP Sunny and Gracie [Re: Luvanimalsdearly] #385727 09/29/09 02:53 AM
D
DaMostLoved Offline
Companion
Companion
D
I'm sorry Saebjorn :'(
RIP Sunny and Gracie

Re: RIP Sunny and Gracie [Re: DaMostLoved] #385732 09/29/09 12:37 PM
Puds Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Wow what a story. I am really sorry about both your little babies. I have heard lots of keets pass through string toys, so dangerous yet most keets favorite toys. I hope the best for you, i am sorry for your family. its really hard on kids to loose a pet (not that its easier on anyone though)

New pics soon smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site