Page 1 of 2 1 2
Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! #385027 09/21/09 02:19 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
Well... I would like for everybody to meet RIZZO! S/he is our new Birdie!! Rizzo is the sweetest & most affectionate little bird! I was shocked how s/he (I will probably be getting DNA testing in the future) Is so social, and just wants to be on people all the time! From the second we brought him (i say he) home He was just all over all of us! Piper & Cleo don't seem to care.. They only see eachother from their cages for a few hours a day. I was worried at first that if Rizzo saw other birds there could be a problem, I think Rizzo is just to darn laid back to care! I am so excited! My cats on the other hand are a bit jealous! But they will adjust! & Rizzo is great with my kids! Now... we are trying to teach rizzo to talk.. SO we'll see what time brings! Rizzo is also going thru a VERY BAD molt right now! He lets me help him out, and LOVES his baths! Welcome RIZZO!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: MgateTina] #385028 09/21/09 02:50 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
OMG He's soooo adorable and he sounds like quite the friendly character already! Yay!! Major congrats Tina..I'm doin the happy dance for you. I just knew you would find THE one smile
Hey is that ur new cage? Niiice! LOL

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: kksuns] #385029 09/21/09 03:00 PM
Puds Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Oh he looks lovely! and what a geat size too smile He sounds like a happy bird, and a great addition!

New pics soon smile
Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: Puds] #385032 09/21/09 03:14 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes... KK that is the new cage.. It is the Avian Adventure Nina Dometop.. However... I made a BIG mistake... I never thought I'd actually get a bird that WANTED to be out & hang with me! & I should have gotten the playtop cage instead of the dometop cage.... I am trying to find out if there is a way to order the playtop since it's the exact same cage & the top just pushes right in... & The cage is on wheels, so at that moment I wheeled Rizzo into the kitchen to get his fruit & veggies together in the morning... (notice my polkadot robe!!! LOL) So, normally they (all the birds) are in the family room, and then I put them in our spare room at night & shut the door so that my roaming felines can not go near them! I am going to put up more pics soon! they were taken from my phone so they are not that clear1 But you will see how Riz likes to sit on my head!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: MgateTina] #385037 09/21/09 05:49 PM
_
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
_
What a cutie! You're so lucky to have a Green Cheek! I hope to get one someday. Congrats!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! MORE PICS!! Rizzo on my Head! [Re: MgateTina] #385038 09/21/09 05:50 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
These were taken with my cell phone.. so the pics aren't that great! But you get a good idea how Rizzo likes to be out & about & and on heads! He preens my hair for me!

& Justin... I am so happy to have been able to get him.. I originally was looking for a Tiel.. But it worked out that I happened to get a Green Cheek instead.. I still love Tiels.. But I think 2 parakeets, 2 cats, & 1 conure is MORE than enough! My Husband is ready to go insane, but he actually is the one who brought home the Conure for me as a surprise. It just gets quite noisy at times, but for the most part it's the Keets that are louder.. rizzo is pretty quiet.. he has his moments.. But for the most part he just chills! & I am trying to teach him to talk! In time we will see how that goes!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the pics everyone!

CHEERS... This pumpkin seed is for you!!!!

Last edited by MgateTina; 09/21/09 05:55 PM.

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: MgateTina] #385039 09/21/09 05:51 PM
SUPERSTAR Offline
Companion
Companion
Very adorable....congrats on the new family member!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: SUPERSTAR] #385041 09/21/09 05:57 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
Thank You Superstar!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: MgateTina] #385267 09/23/09 10:53 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Welcome to the wonderful world of green cheeks. My Princess is so affectionate, she doesnt really talk but she clucks and mumbles a bit. She love peanuts, I buy human quality unsalted roasted in the shell and she loves to open them and nibble on the nut. She has a playtop cage but would much rather perch on me than on top of her cage. I hung a rope boing from the top of the cage and hook it inside the door when I am home and the door is open and she likes to sit on that also.

Princess on her boing

Princess on her cholla perch which she loves

close up of her head - you can really see why they are called green cheek

sitting on top of her cage

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! [Re: Cetan] #385281 09/24/09 12:43 AM
P
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P
Congrats on Rizzo! A cutie pie!

Geez, Mgate Tina and Cetan, you two are great Green Cheek Conure Ambassadors! If I didn't have my hands full with my two keetie-puffs, I'd run out and adopt a green cheek right now! They're adorable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site