Print Thread
Activities #384451 09/14/09 03:35 AM
_
___JA Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
_
So Rocky and I need some new games to play. Sure its fun holding a toy for him and watching him go nuts, or whistling to each other, or whatever. But we need something new! What activities do you do with your bird? I need some ideas, because I need to make sure Rocky doesn't get bored lol, he gets bored very easily. Just like me. XD
Thanks guys.

Last edited by Justin_A; 09/14/09 03:36 AM.
Re: Activities [Re: ___JA] #384459 09/14/09 04:27 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
Since my boys all have each other to play with, I don't have to worry about this much but right now Jamaica is in a phase of throwing things off the top of the cage. I go over and pick them all back up and push them by her and say "Get the (ball) Jamaica". I'm hoping MAYBE she will learn what those words mean. IDK

Re: Activities [Re: ___JA] #384488 09/14/09 03:42 PM
L
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
L
My girls like to play fetch-me doing all the fetching when they throw their toys (they never tire of this! crazy), peek-a-boo, clicker training new tricks, learning new songs & words, they like stories read to them, playing basketball on their playgym, ring toss, playing on my shoulder-I sometimes put on a Polly-Wanna-Necklace and let them play with that or I have a certain t-shirt I let them destroy-they love to rip the threads out and put holes in it, I mist their wheatgrass and Juji loves to take a bath on/in it, I put them on my shoulder and let them look out the window-we have flowers & multiple bird feeders on our patio and they like to watch & talk to the other birds, I let them chase me and when they try to land on me I duck down and they go nuts and circle wildly, they love to nap on my shoulder when I am online, sometimes I put cartoons on for them, etc.
I have a book of many tricks you can teach them-to shake hands, dance, roll over, do somersaults, rollerskate, basketball, play dead, etc. It is called The Click That Does The Trick.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site