Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bitten... #383882 09/10/09 01:58 AM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I have quaker parrot troubles... He is out to get me! lol
I am parrot sitting for my mother and I have quickly learned that quakers are one human birds. While he really is a great bird for my mom. He is her bird only. He somewhat tolerates me.
He talks and laughs and does lots of tricks. This is my time with him so far..

Day 1- Feeding the quaker
He gets a long veggie kabob in the morning with a dish of banana. You would think that he would welcome fresh food and a tasty sweet nanner. Think again. After 30 mins of trying to get the dishes and the kabob out of his cage without loosing an eye, fingers, or chunks of scalp I had to grab the oven mitts. While my husband lured the beast to the opposite side of the cage using a tasty wiggling finger I, (clad in super duty oven mitts) raced in to free the food dishes.
The activity was repeated again when I brought them back.

Time spent feeding the parrot 1 hour.

Day 2- flaming hot poo
My husband can handle keet poo. Its small and easily washed off. He was not prepared for quaker poo. We finally coaxed the bird out of the cage with some sweet talk and a promise that if he would refrain from biting us we would refrain from putting him in the freezer. A shaky truce was signed over a piece of walnut. While feeding Quincy the walnut he lets out a stream of poo into my husbands sandle right between his toes. All I hear is "omg its hot! that is sick! Its in my toes! along with the sounds of dry heaving. I am laughing my rear off and the bird decides that this is funny too and laughs along with us. My husband not amused places the bird back in his cage and limps off gagging.

Day 3- Quaker sounds
Yesturday Quincy spent the day quacking like a duck and shooting things in the house with his star trek laser gun sound. Ptoo Ptoo! Quack Quack... Followed by:
"Where's Mommy?"
"Peek a boo"
"are you bad?... uh huh!"
"pickle pickle tickle"
"come here" and "hi baby" in various levels of screech
This is a huge improvement over the one scream emitted so loud that I swear my ear drums have bled.. just a tiny bit..

Day 4- sneak attack
I went to work early this morning so I did not have time to pay alot of attention to him other than changing his food with the mitts. Time feeding this morning 10 mins! Whoot!
However the servant did not serve the dragon parrot to its liking so, as I was kindly letting him out to fly he decided to sneak attack me. I have an inch long bite mark on my neck. My husband is now convinced that not only is his poo flaming he is vam-parrot as well! Mental note: When quaker sitting wear full body armore at all times and place a long string of garlic around your neck!

What will tomorrow hold in the house of Quaker?? We shall find out soon.. For now enjoy the peek a boo video

Last edited by val313; 09/10/09 02:04 AM.

RIP Peeps
Re: bitten... [Re: val313] #383884 09/10/09 02:04 AM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate

RIP Peeps
Re: bitten... [Re: val313] #383886 09/10/09 02:14 AM
Gustafson Offline
Companion
Companion
Ohmygoodness. He is the cutest, meanest little bird! Hahaha, wow. He plays the innocent look quite well. smile

Re: bitten... [Re: val313] #383887 09/10/09 02:23 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
aww he is adorable !!! cosmo loves peek a boo as well...

it takes a special talent to handle quakers they are truly demon birds LOL

i know the screech of which you speak and im convinced i now have hearing loss as a result.

if he is goin to be nasty towards you then just let him be ... cosmo has chased y husband down the hallway flapping and screeching with him running like a little girl screaming at me to catch her while tossing chunks of dried mango at her trying to please her... while i doubled over laughing so hard ive lost all muscle control LOL

cosmo hates hats and sunglasses big time and she is used to seeing me with my glasses and one day i took them off cuz she was chewing on them and she was close to my face and i guess it startled her and she bit my nose, right on the bone part at the top it bled like crazy and was a huge wound. she was so scared after she did it she ran behind my laptop and hid frown she thought i was going to be mean to her the way her old humans used to be ....

Re: bitten... [Re: ] #383889 09/10/09 02:31 AM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I know I should leave him alone. I just feel like I am neglecting him. He loves to cuddle and be petted. But apparently not this week.

RIP Peeps
Re: bitten... [Re: val313] #383890 09/10/09 02:40 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
haha plus quakers do truly enjoy the fight so if he knows he is making you fear him, to him that is best game of all.

cosmo LOOOVES the fact that my husband is scared of her haa

Re: bitten... [Re: ] #383891 09/10/09 03:03 AM
P
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P
Omg, Val, that is absolutely hilarious! Seriously, it would make a great article in BirdTalk mag -- just so funny and well-written! (I just love this sentence: "A shaky truce was signed over a piece of walnut.") smile I don't mean it's funny that Quincy bites people, just that your take on it is so humorous.

Helwa, please don't tell your husband but I just about spewed Diet Coke all over my monitor at this:
Originally Posted By: *helwa*
cosmo has chased y husband down the hallway flapping and screeching with him running like a little girl screaming at me to catch her while tossing chunks of dried mango at her trying to please her...

For Pete's sake, you gals should write "The Quaker Chronicles: Mischievous Monks Make Me Mental!"

You know, I do believe I now know why they're called Quaker parrots: because they make many humans quake in their boots!

Re: bitten... [Re: ] #383892 09/10/09 03:24 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
hahahahaha certainly arent named after quakers, the peaceful non violents folks haha

no actually they are called quaker because they "quake"

they shake when happy or content, specially when they are babies, but when they are adults too, kind of like a cat purring.

it almost looks like seizure lol

Re: bitten... [Re: ] #383898 09/10/09 04:39 AM
T
tigresstki Offline
Companion
Companion
T
wow id like to meet this bird.Id stand about 5 feet away for fear of a vamp-bird attack though.Ny aunts parrots used to put up fights with us whenever we had to parrotsit for her.They would always latch onto the cage and squack like no tomorrow whenever wed replace their food.

Re: bitten... [Re: tigresstki] #383912 09/10/09 08:04 AM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
ROFLMAO!!! sooo well worded! you had me in tears!! sounds like a giant version of my daughter's parrotlett!!!
once i was in a pet shop and the store's african green decided he wanted to visit... the girl said "he bites" he was already 3/4 of the way off her and onto me so what do you do? besides, it was the first encounter with anything bigger than a keet. the lady was really surprised cause he won't usually go with anyone else even if she tried to put him there, let alone decide he's gonna wander to a strange shoulder!. her son had named him pickle cause he was the color of the "yucky things on mc d's burgers" pickle was amazing! he preened my hair and nibbled on my collar. i was IN HEAVEN!! until I had to go, but pickle had other ideas. i reached up to get him to step up when "back off!!" was shrieked into my ear, and the top of my finger nearly amputated! i had to stay till the owner managed to bribe him off (another 15 mins of throbbing finger for me and resorting to the leather glove for her!) when i got home with my injured finger, i was asked what happened, to which my reply was "i got bit by a pickle!!" (got some weird looks till the story was out!) my girl's parrotlett, reminded me so much of that afr green, i suggested the name "baby dill" who she now calls dillon and i call "little PICKLE"!! never saw a pickle (even a baby one, LOL!) swell up, rustle and GROWL!! it sounds just like a puppy!
i tried to "offer" to take pickle off her hands now that the baby was here.... NOT HAPPININ.... YET! mwaa ha ha haaaaa!!!!! LOL!

baby blue
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site