Page 1 of 2 1 2
Levi is amazing! #379902 08/14/09 12:56 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
This little guy of mine never ceases to amaze me by how smart he really is and how much he really does understand.
One night last week it was time for as I call it "quitin time". I say "Quitin time guys,time to get ready for night night" (I know, I'm goofy right? LOL)Then when they are in I cover the back part of cage and they get a "night night treat"-they each get a little piece of millet that i put on the floor. I say ok here's ur night night treat and they scurry down to get it. Anyway, Ziggy for some reason is usually already in at that time, but that night he was still playing on top of the cage. I tried a few times to get him to go in (still not hand tamed and won't step up)but nope, no good.And Levi will just go in when I say that or will just hop on my finger and I put him in.
I decide to wait a few minutes to see if Ziggy would go in on his own,in the mean time I got their little pieces of millet and set them on coffee table. Well Levi was more than ready for his treat and he went to the table and tried to start eating it. So I just picked it up and told him he had to wait. He was sitting on the couch with me and I told him no treat until Ziggy was in. Go tell Ziggy it's time for night night. Go on tell Ziggy time for bed...Well go get him. He sat on my shoulder and chatted a few more mins and THEN HA low and behold he went to the cage top chattered at Ziggy for a minute then flew to the playstand. Gave Ziggy heck until he joined him then flew right into the cage with Zig right behind him! OMG I was shocked! Told Levi he was SUCH a good boy. smile
Yeah, i thought maybe it was just a coincidence BUT the same thing happened again last night! I told Levi the same thing and this time he chattered at Ziggy on cage top then flew to other room with Ziggy right behind him back to their cage, landed right on the landing platform outside the cage door and Zig followed him in for bed. AMAZING!
I am SO very proud of my little dude. Whether it was just coincidence or not, I really don't know. But I seriously think he knows what I'm saying most of the time smile And hubby witnessed it both times and was just as shocked as I was LOL
Sorry for the even longer than my normally long posts, but I just had to share. I am such a proud mommy I just couldn't stand it! LOL

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: kksuns] #379903 08/14/09 01:05 PM
Jasper's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
That is AMAZING smile Way to go Levi!

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: Jasper's mom] #379905 08/14/09 01:08 PM
**mattie** Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Aww!
That's so neat!
Go little Levi!
smile

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: kksuns] #379906 08/14/09 01:08 PM
_
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
_
That is really cool! They're waaaay smarter than some give them credit for!
Levi sounds like such a character, and he seems it too from his videos.

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: ___JA] #379915 08/14/09 02:19 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
I am very sure Levi knew EXACTLY what he was doing. It was time to go to the cage and get that millet and it became clear he was not getting his w/o Ziggy. GO LEVI!!!

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: kksuns] #379918 08/14/09 03:19 PM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
that is totally awesome kk. GO LEVI!!!
i bet you smile from ear to ear whenever you see that. how neat.
grin

Bella
Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: SweetBirdies] #379919 08/14/09 04:00 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Thanks guys. I knew you would understand my excitement smile

Originally Posted By: SweetBirdies

i bet you smile from ear to ear whenever you see that.
grin

You got that right SB. That is as soon as I picked my jaw up off the floor! LOL

Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: kksuns] #379927 08/14/09 05:39 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
you basically have a feathered 4 yr old there. they understand exactly what you say! i can't say it enough, "birdie see, birdie do" is an astonishing thing. they see what is and isn't cool by watching and "talking to each other and you! the 4 "babies" aren't hand trained yet but respond very well to verbal stuff and watching the hand trained birds. it only took 3 wks from the time they came home to know that "get on your swings cause it's bed blanny time" and there is a clamor of the 4 heading to the top and their swings. (each has their own particular swing that they choose themselves) amazing little critters! smile

baby blue
Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: baby blue] #379939 08/14/09 07:23 PM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
That is so stinking cute! You should try to get a video of it.

RIP Peeps
Re: Levi is amazing! [Re: val313] #379942 08/14/09 07:36 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
A 4 yr old!! Oh no! My boys were both horrid at the age of 4! Monsters! LOL
I could try for a vid if it happens again but usually camera is not handy AND they never do anything cool in front of a camera frown
Why is that? LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
suffocating a rat in a dream
by Waqa11 - 03/06/20 08:27 PM
Do you practice tsundoku?
by Waqa11 - 03/02/20 08:09 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site