Print Thread
dog nightmares? #379580 08/11/09 04:26 PM
J
james'94 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
J
my dog has been having bad nightmares to the point where she kinda screams/howls in her sleep.she aslo kicks and shakes and im starting to worry.

Re: dog nightmares? [Re: james'94] #379584 08/11/09 04:39 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Aww Poor doggie frown I have no idea what could be causing it tho. Has anything bad happened to her lately that you know about? Does she act any different than normal when she's awake-like skittish or anything? Change of diet?

Re: dog nightmares? [Re: kksuns] #379588 08/11/09 04:49 PM
Gustafson Offline
Companion
Companion
I've always just petted my dog softly to wake them. If this is starting to keep her from sleeping, feel free to call your vet. They'll be happy to tell you how you can help.

Re: dog nightmares? [Re: Gustafson] #379593 08/11/09 06:46 PM
Puds Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
James i have a GSD and every few months i notice he has one of those....legs moving, whineing and barking dreams. AS soon as he wakes up he goes to his favorite ball and chews the ball...HARD! As the Big boy gets older, this has gotten less and less.

How old is your pet? I wonder if they have "night terrors" like humans and birds. Perhaps as Kksuns said there is something on their mind. Do you play/tucker out your pet. When i was having horrible dreams my doctor recommended that i read alot and play outside as much as possible that way i just sleep when i sleep....not dream. It worked, and after a while i got lay again but they did not come back...i was told i "grew out of it"

Perhaps a little tough play with your dog can help or even decrese the occurances!

New pics soon smile
Re: dog nightmares? [Re: Puds] #379609 08/11/09 10:33 PM
J
james'94 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
J
my dog is 6 years old and she just started to have these night terrors.nothing has happened befor that i know of. but she was an abused stray, which she might be dreaming about.

Re: dog nightmares? [Re: james'94] #383815 09/09/09 04:12 AM
L
littlekaty Offline
L
Every so often my parent's ACD will have nightmares. The other day he was curled up next to me on the couch sleeping and he started kicking his legs and whining. He's 3 years old and has been with my family since he was adopted at 10 months. The humane society told us he was picked up as a stray so we do not know what his life was like before then.

Puff, Skittles, Bella and Maisie: My sweet little girl flock
Re: dog nightmares? [Re: littlekaty] #388195 11/05/09 11:48 AM
jilly Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I never really thought of dogs having nightmare, but it makes total sense. I see mine dream a lot, but I would guess they might have some disquieting dreams about unresolved longings or issues from their pasts if they were abused/neglected.

Jilly
LisaShea.com Forum Moderator
Frugal Living Editor at BellaOnline.com
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile
Re: dog nightmares? [Re: jilly] #388197 11/05/09 11:53 AM
Lisa Shea Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Our cats both dream, it's hard to tell what they're dreaming about. They make soft noises which sometimes i think are sad noises, but my boyfriend thinks they might be just snoring kinds of noises. I did what Gustafson did, gently petted them to wake them up a bit, just in case.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site