Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: choirmom] #374216 07/05/09 05:34 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
lagirl,
the most important thing i can say to you is DON'T BLAME YOURSELF.
it happens and there is no control. when ozz got out, i had both my arms in that little cage door (to my elbows) ozzy had her foot caught in a toy and was thrashing, hard. she would have broken her leg if i took time to go inside, so i did it in the garage. got her foot loose and both my arms were still in the cage and in less than the blink of an eye, she was out and gone. i beat myself up HARD but a friend talked to me and made me realize that it was beyond my control.
i know though, that you think of them scared, lost, hungry... but there is stii nothing you can do but try. if, sadly, you do not find him, you should have a clesn concience and know you did all you could.
the thing my friend said that helped me the most was that, you are trying. so many birds are in the position that you are thinking of and are indoors, with people "supposed" to be taking care of them and just don't care and will stand by while these birds in their care experience all of these things you are thinking about. pm me if you want to.
baby blue

baby blue
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: baby blue] #374250 07/06/09 07:04 AM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Choirmom, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news about Yellowbird too. It always breaks our heart when our baby is in pain...I lost my first keet last year due to illness too so I understand how you feel. Best wishes to both of you!!!! I talked to a few neighbors this morning; one of them saw a parakeet perched on the top of the bird cage like...2 months ago. My heart skipped a beat when I first heard the story, until he said the 2 months part ~_~. I’ll probably get another male to even out the flock, it’s just so sad & different every time I look at the cage now - even with the 3 keets left, it just looks so empty, so depressing. Babyblue, that sounds like a very scary moment & I’m very glad that you got your baby back, it's truly a miracle. I just feel so frustrated cuz one of my greatest passions of owning caged birds was to leave the cage open as much as possible when I’m around so they could have some freedom => and that’s how I lost Peace at the same time too you know...I know they are caged birds, that’s how they’ve been raised, but I always feel bad they’re locked in the cage all day long, no matter how big the cage is, or how many toys & treats I bought. So when I just lost Peace, I actually have the thought of giving up having birdies altogether. I get too paranoid & scared when I open the cage, it just feels so weird. But I know I can never give up on them, there are too many unbelievable bird owners out there (I saw a tiny cage with 4 cockatiels & 1 parakeet this morning, along with many more similar cases seen before). I know I still want to help as many as I can - but with a whole lot more cautions from now on. 1st bird lost mainly from sister dropping birdie into toilet, 2nd one from Mommy letting the house door opened, maybe I should just lock the cage when I’m not home from now on...

Last edited by lagirl143; 07/06/09 07:05 AM.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374252 07/06/09 07:46 AM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
dont give up looking for peace, birds can come home weeks after flying off, it all depends on his survival skills.

i would keep bird seed outside in the yard where he can see it from trees and flying over.

also keep your window open sometimes, specially right around sunset when it starts to get dark like around 5 or 6 until dark.

this is when birds return to their flocks and roost for the night, so they call ech other....if he hears them calling him he will look for the sound and might find you smile

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ] #374279 07/06/09 04:11 PM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
oh hon! I am so sorry to hear about this. Many hugs to you. I truely hope that you find your little one. Sending hopes and prayers for you and your keets.

RIP Peeps
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: val313] #374739 07/09/09 11:29 AM
C
Caninerz Offline
Companion
Companion
C
you can report a lost bird here - http://www.birdhotline.com/replost.htm

Last edited by Caninerz; 07/09/09 11:33 AM.

RIP Bloo (September 29, 2009)
RIP Sodapop (August 26, 2010)
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: Caninerz] #374764 07/09/09 04:17 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
lagirl
my thoughts are with you, my prayers include you.

baby blue
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: choirmom] #379403 08/10/09 03:28 AM
C
choirmom Offline
C
Everyone has been wonderful! Yellowbird is thriving since Bluebird left their cage. Somedays he sings most of the day. Seeing birds outside of the window gets him all excited. But their are days like today when he slept most of the day. I think the weather, the barometer, has something to do with it. Other than that he shows no signs of sickness. Was the vet correct?

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: choirmom] #379474 08/10/09 10:20 PM
**mattie** Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
OMG!
I am soooo sorry, to hear that lagirl.
frown
Did you use the report that Caninerz gave you?
Do you have any luck yet?
Prayers are with you, dear!

Good luck.
I really hope you find him soon.
frown

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: baby blue] #379482 08/10/09 11:59 PM
Sprite97 Offline
Companion
Companion
Originally Posted By: baby blue
lagirl,
the most important thing i can say to you is DON'T BLAME YOURSELF.
it happens and there is no control.
baby blue

Thats something I wish I would have none when Sprite got his foot stuck when I let him out of the cage (untamed) luckily I got him back safely.

Sprite the man
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: Caninerz] #379623 08/12/09 12:15 AM
C
choirmom Offline
C
Yes, I reported Bluebird right away. I Just checked that website and he hasn't been found yet.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Buy Modalert Online|Modalert 200mg Sleepiness Tabl
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 12:08 PM
Purchase Generic Nuvigil Online for Sleep Apnea
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 11:47 AM
Buy Tapentadol Online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 11:08 AM
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 10:14 AM
Buy Eszopiclone online
by Derick Cook - 08/20/21 01:19 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site