Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: ] #378375 08/03/09 08:49 PM
B
BijousMom85 Offline
Companion
Companion
B
aww thats so sad! i know a friend of mine was having complaints about birds (but she had around 30-40 keets/cockatiels/ a couple parrots etc. at one point) and they ended up building a sound proof room in the basement for them. That might be extreme for 6 birds but maybe even just a similar idea like sound proofing a little area or something?

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: ] #378379 08/03/09 09:00 PM
B
BijousMom85 Offline
Companion
Companion
B
oops I hadn't read all those comments about sound proofing, but I agree with everyone smile sound proofing or finding a way to deal with the noise would be ideal, it would be a shame to give away your keets:(!

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: BijousMom85] #378723 08/05/09 07:53 PM
**mattie** Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Hey, Kariva, is everything alright?
And most of the time, it's a sad thing to say, but little babies can NOT be around parakeets. They carry some disease to little babies.
I read Parakeets for Dummies and that is EXACTLY what they said.
OMG. 300 dollars?! That just stinks! If I lived way closer to you I wouldn't mind keeping them.

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: **mattie**] #378733 08/05/09 08:43 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
i am not sure about the thing with having birds and babies, i will do some more checking on it. how is everything going? i hope some of this fiasco is dying down for you.

baby blue
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: baby blue] #379189 08/08/09 01:00 AM
Kariva Offline OP
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
sorry im back. they complained about the baby crying too....they are jerks what can i say. the baby loves the birds he smiles at them and tries to talk to them lol.

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: Kariva] #379192 08/08/09 01:15 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
They complained about the baby too!!?? And what are you supposed to do about that? Put a sock in it? ughh
They sound like real winners.
Have you figured out what to do about your birds?

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: Kariva] #379205 08/08/09 01:57 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
You know, based on the fact that they are now complaining about your baby I would say that you have a good case for unreasonable harrassment by these people.

And what pray tell does paying $300 dollars a month fix. Are they nuts. They get the money but it doesn't make the annoyance for the other people better.

I think you should call some kind of renters authority or legal aid and ask where you stand. I bet if you threatened a counter suit for harrassment they would back down.

I hate people who can't live and let live. By the way, who sent you the letter, If they are just managers maybe you could appeal to the owners of the building. I would also ask your other neighbors if they can hear anything and ask if they would sign a letter attesting to the fact that they are not bothered by any noise.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: joandboys] #379210 08/08/09 02:29 AM
M
MgateTina Offline
Companion
Companion
M
I don't know if this means anything.. But I live in a town with a noise ordinance as well... .I am a year round local in a tourist town, and last week about a dozen teenagers rented out the house across from mine.. They were screaming & music blasting, etc... I also have 2 kids, 10 & 4.. Who would not go to sleep due to the noise. BUT... (I am in law enforcement, I'm a 9-1-1 dispatcher & a Private Investigator) So I knew if I called to complain I was going to be told that I had to wait til 10:30P.M. to complain... So.. Your neighbor who sounds like a real beyotch! (My 4 year old was colicky & I lived in apartment building til he was 1) She needs to chill. Because although she has a right to a peaceful & quiet enviroment, your not breaking the noise ordinance. They can't make you duct tape your babies mouth, and I am almost positive that Once you cover your keets it's lights out for them... Mine are yawning by 7pm, and I don't hear a peep until 7am! So my point is YOU ARE NOT BREAKING THE NOISE ORDINANCE. The only thing they have going for them is if it is in your lease that NO PETS ALLOWED. Do you have any type of addendum in your lease? Did the landlord/building manager know about the birds when you moved in? As long as your lease doesn't state NO PETS, you should contact THE LANDLORD/TENANT RIGHTS DIVISION in your county. & Being in Law Enforcement I can also tell you that if you ARE allowed the birds in your lease.... As Joandboys said... You are being harrassed. Let's say the birds are NOT allowed, you're still being picked on... BABIES CRY! Don't give up without a fight I agree with Joandboys 100%. Plus.. like others have said... Even if you paid the $300.. your birds & baby will still make noise.. it's like blackmail! I think you have a good chance of coming out on top in this. If you need anymore help.. Just hollar! wink LOL

Last edited by MgateTina; 08/08/09 02:32 AM.

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: MgateTina] #379238 08/08/09 03:44 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
what they are doing to you is EXTORTION! the money, if you gave it, would not make any kind of noise stop!!! have any other people in your building had the same pile of horse pucky thrown at them? i agree with joan and tina. out of curiosity, who lived there first, you or them? not that it makes a difference, i was just wondering. perhaps you should ask them if you or someone else can come in and hear for yourself how much noise is actually getting through, like others have said, i have 6 keets and the radio is always on for them. my room is directly underneath theirs and they don't hear the birds. right now, i am upstairs and the door to my room is wide open. i an hear them but or really loudly. certainly not well enough that they would prevent anyone's sleep. even if the bedroom window open, after 2 or 3 steps, away then you can't hear them enough to disturb anyone. fight it girl, don't let them bully you. good luck. your friend,
dawne

baby blue
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: **mattie**] #379241 08/08/09 04:06 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
[quote=Dixie&Miss' Mom]..... it's a sad thing to say, but little babies can NOT be around parakeets. They carry some disease to little babies. I read Parakeets for Dummies and that is EXACTLY what they said..... [/quote] This is taking the thread off topic, but I can understand your concern, if this is what you have read. I am guessing that your book was talking about psittacosis. Perhaps vets can check for this? ~ especially if an owner is concerned. I think that most responsible parakeet owners would be aware of this, so I'm guessing that Kariva will have checked it out. I found these two comments on the Internet: [quote]SOME GENERAL REMARKS AND NEW OBSERVATIONS ON PSITTACOSIS AND ORNITHOSIS* K. F. MEYER ~ George Williams Hooper Foundation, University of California 'Complement-fixation tests of sera from patients with mild or obscure respiratory infections have shown that psittacosis is more prevalent in man than the occasional dramatic outbreaks had hitherto led one to suppose. ....' http://whqlibdoc.who.int/bulletin/1959/Vol20/Vol20-No1/bulletin_1959_20%281%29_101-119.pdf [/quote] [quote]'Understanding Psittacosis (Parrot Fever)' by Alan K Jones B.Vet.Med, MRCVS.© 'Psittacosis is a common and potentially serious disease occurring in both the birds that we keep and the humans that keep them ..................................... 'Symptoms of 'psittacosis' in humans resemble those of severe 'flu' but particular signs are head and neck pain, fever, aching joints, chest tightness and pain, and a dry cough. Provided precise diagnosis is made quickly enough, treatment with Tetracycline or Erythromycin usually produces a rapid response. However, if the illness is confused with 'flu or pneumonia, and appropriate therapy is not instituted for a while, the disease can progress rapidly, and deaths have been recorded. The risk is greatest in the old, young or those with chronic breathing difficulties. Recovered individuals may have some permanent weakness in the lungs or heart.' http://www.theparrotsocietyuk.org/index.php/Psittacosis/54 [/quote]

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site