Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! #377933 07/31/09 05:03 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Had to share this story because I'm still totally creeped out. ughh I went to give my dog fresh water this morning like I do every morning, and when I went to pick up her dish I saw something in it.Upon closer inspection, it was a HUGE HUMONGOUS xxxxxxx spider!!! I HATE spiders! No matter how big or how small. And this was the mother of all spiders! Ahh! It was FLOATING in her water dish! I mean HUUUUGE! There was also something white at the bottom of the dish??? and the spider which probably measured 2 1/2-3" across was floating on a white sac about the size of a jelly bean. ICK I thought to myself xxx?? It made itself its own flotation device? LOL I know probably an egg sac right? Anyway, I had NO IDEA how to deal with this creepy thing. I didn't dare pic up the dish and empty it..it might crawl up my arm! eeewww And I couldn't just smush it..it was in water! So I woke up my 15 yr old son who will usually take care of spider detail for me, but he wasn't touching it with a 10 foot pole either. HA So I called hubby at work, yep called him at work LOL But he wasn't in town so that left that out! OH xxxx now what? I tried phoning one of the kids friends-no answer-probably sleeping frown
So I ended up taking a tall disposable plastic cup and quickly put it over the creepy thing, picked up the dish, held it at arms length and ran for the back door yelling at my kid "Get the doooor!" lol I dumped it out and it didn't move for a second, them it started crawling dragging that icky white sac under it! Ahhhh!! again. So I grabbed a piece of slate that was laying nearby and dropped it on it and proceeded to do the heebie jeebie dance on it sayin ahhhhhh some more. God I HATE spides!!!!
To all you spider fans out there..sorry to have destroyed the thing, but hey, what can I say? EWWWWW maybe you will at least get a good laugh out of my total freak out. haha
And to all you non spider fans, maybe you can relate and get the heebie jeebies right along with me? I'm still creeped out and that was4 hrs ago! Probably have nightmares over it tonite! LOL
Funny it was just a couple days ago I was telling baby blue how much I despise spiders. Me and my big mouth! LOL

Oh man, what would have happened if Abbey went to drink from her dish??? OMG!!!!

Last edited by PDM; 08/13/09 06:33 PM.

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: kksuns] #377942 07/31/09 07:04 PM
Jasper's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I am laughing so hard right now....I can't think of a response, lol!!!!

ps...I'm with you about spiders...ICK!!

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: Jasper's mom] #377944 07/31/09 07:15 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
laughing too hard....OMG....I like spiders, but I have this reaction to beetles and centipedes, so I understand.

I remember throwing out an entire dishrack, with dishes once cuz there was a centipede in it. I wore BBQ gloves, used BBQ tongs, and held it at arms length, RAN for the garbage chute and dumped it all down. Dishes and all.

LOL...I can still picture you doing the 'heebie jeebie dance' while screaming AHHH!!

ROFL !!

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: 428pm] #377954 07/31/09 07:44 PM
Me & 6 Fids Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
lol--KK you have me dying over here!! But understand you freaking out! My sister is just like that and its hysterical watching her freak out too. I am sure hubby and son thought you were crazy too! Just think, now you can get a good laugh out of it too! Thank you!

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: Me & 6 Fids] #377959 07/31/09 07:50 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh yeah! I'm laughing and still getting goosebumps at the same time! LOL

I have to agree 428, centipedes are pretty gross too. ROFL the entire dishpan!!

Son didn't think I was so crazy..it kind of freaked him out too because he actually SAW it! hehe

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: Me & 6 Fids] #377961 07/31/09 07:52 PM
Puds Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I think the worse (best? smile Part is the sack, white thing. I would have thrown the bowl away...i have a thought pattern like 428

"i do not want to touch, or deal with it! JUST PITCH IT! Heck the bowl is only 6$ and compaired to getting heebee geebies 6$ is cheep!"

I am happy you seen it first! You poor pooch may have been bitten...(or at least spooked)

New pics soon smile
Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: Puds] #377964 07/31/09 08:03 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Believe me I thought about just chucking it! But it's a ceramic dish with her name on it and she's had it since her first Christmas. She's 12 yrs old now smile I couldn't chuck it!
But boy o boy did I WANT to! LOL

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: kksuns] #377967 07/31/09 09:09 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
you should have taken pictures!!

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: 428pm] #377992 07/31/09 11:38 PM
K
kksuns Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
LOL Yeah, I should have. But I wasn't exactly thinking of Kodak moments at the time! hahaha

Re: SPIDER!!! Ahhh!!!! [Re: kksuns] #377999 08/01/09 12:00 AM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Awww lol. I love spiders and probably would have tried to take it home knowing me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site