Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I need help [Re: PDM] #376296 07/20/09 06:33 PM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
PDM, I totally agree with you.

As in "I had to kill her myself"

That affected me and I'm guessing a lot of the members.

I was shocked and devastated and it affected me for about a week! My stomach WOULD NOT settle down and I was on the verge of crying all week.

He could've said that in a more compassionate way. The whole thread was upsetting. from beginning to end, including the fact that they were getting another bird, then another one, and then talking about breeding. I wanted to ask how they could afford all that when they could not afford to take Fizz to be humanely put down. And then he was saying Charm was sick too. But people on here were coddling him and I didn't want to be called a troll again or worse. So what did he learn from his situation? It looks like nothing, because people seemed to be putting aside what they did with little Fizz! So for all he knows, it's alright to let your bird stay sick and then to "kill it himself"!!

So yes, EVERYONE needs to think about the effects of their posts on the other members! Including 33.

If anyone calls me a troll over this, I swear to *** I'm going to leave this forum.

Sincerely, Dinah

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: I need help [Re: PDM] #376297 07/20/09 06:33 PM
Melissa517 Offline
PDM you are so right on! Words that are well said and well put.
This site is supposed to be useful and helpful and not to judge others of what they do or do not do, right or wrong.
If one wants to confront an individual than do so in a private email and not embarrass them in the public forum. That is just a thought.
We are here to learn, to educate and to help and who knows..make new friends here that last a lifetime.

Re: I need help [Re: PDM] #376298 07/20/09 06:38 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: PDM
...Regardless of what one person does or does not do, other members do not wish to see phrases like 'liar' and 'murderer' bandied about. They want to visit a friendly, polite site.
Certainly, but at the expense of communicating important information? This kid obviously did not call all the resources Helwa listed, left the birds out where a cat could get them, and admitted that he wanted to take care of them himself. He (and his mother) did not place the BIRDS' needs FIRST, which is what one would expect on a KEET forum!

I will reiterate my suggestion of several months ago: this forum needs someone to monitor the keet posts, not for language or rudeness or tone but for unethical, idiotic, harmful, or just plain stupid posts that (a) aren't focussed on birds' needs or (b) waste the time, energy, and good will of informed, regular members.

Is this a keet forum, or is this some sort of sewer-pit where everything and anything can go on? I presume Lisa started this to foment helpful discussion, not to stroke everyone's feelings.

When politeness overrides accuracy and decent treatment of birds, then this forum seems like a prissy, useless, superficial chat room, rather than a resource for correct and appropriate information.

The person was given helpful responses to his/her initial post; enough's enough. To let him/her go on and on about his/her failure to take care of the birds causes more bad feelings among more people than the occasional "offended" newbie.

I feel this forum needs to decide on its priorities.

Re: I need help [Re: ] #376302 07/20/09 07:13 PM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
if you are going to quite me do so correctly.

i did not call him a liar nor a murderer. this implies a repeated pattern and implies that i know them personally to say such a thing, it is not accurate and might seem small but there is a huge difference between saying some is lying in this instance and calling them a liar.

scoll up and read. i asked did you call all of them? even the avian vets?

they said yes i called them all.

LIE.

i said he was lying. and i said he murdered his bird. these are FACTS that i will NOT hide. i know he was lying because i called the places my self, i called the avian vets myself, and the wildlife places were willing to pick the birds up, it would have required no efforts what so ever from this person.

but that isnt what they wanted, they wanted to take a wild bird and imprison it in a cage and make it a pet and that is illegal and unethical.

and yes police will charge you with a crime for taking the life of your own pet, that is what vets and animal control places are for !!!

they will take the body and do a necorpsy and determine if the animal was sick beyond cure, if it was you will be chagred with unlawfully taking its life in an improper manner, ussuallu just a fine.

if the animal could have been saved with veterinary care you will be chagred with murder or an animal, even if that anial was not your pet, even if you found the baby bird outside, once you pick it up you are in control and you are responsible for it, and if it was on any kind of protected or andangered species list then its a federal crime.

how do i know ?? because i am responsible for enforcing such laws at work.

he was specifically told NOT to feed them and he blatantly went and did it anyway, selfish and arrogant.

and he did kill his own bird, and he admitted it as if it were nothing, simply because he didnt want to pay for basic vet care for a respiratory illness. and then got another bird !!!!!

and im supposed to tip toe around him???? i think not !!!

Re: I need help [Re: ] #376311 07/20/09 07:32 PM
Niki Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I'm pretty upsetted by the above comments. The poster is obviously a minor. It's also obvious that the mother did the calling and the poster had little power. He/She innocently wanted to care for the birds, and was at a very good start. It's very clear to me the young age of the poster. Maybe what he/she did was not entirely right, but I'm not convinced knew completely better than to do otherwise.

I agree with you PDM completely. I don't think above posts should be allowed with inappropriate uses of words. I have things I'm very passionate about as well, but passion can be expressed with very different word choices.

Re: I need help [Re: Niki] #376315 07/20/09 07:39 PM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
how do we know the age ??? maybe they arent a minor at all !!

and even if they are again KIDS ARE NOT IDIOTS, why do we assume because someone is under 18 that they are automatically stupid and immune to responsibility ????

AGAIN i called the places myself and they were willing to pick up the birds from their home. this would have required no effort what so ever, put the birds on the porch and live your life ... but NOOOOOO they wanted to totally ignore good solid advice and do what they wanted and now birds are dead.

just like their pet bird is dead ...

sorry nikki this is unacceptable i dont care how old you are.

and there are age limits on this forum why are they not being enforced if people are so convinced of their young age ???

i will not sit here and say ohhh you did what you could good for you for trying

no

they did not try they did not do what was good, they did the exact opposite !!!

Re: I need help [Re: ] #376320 07/20/09 07:48 PM
Niki Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Aminah, you obviously do not deal with people. It is also clear that you place animals on a certain priority. Which is meritable, but you should treat your own species kindly as well. No, kids are not idiots, but they do have a lowered level of understanding and power.

Unfortunately, it also seems clear that this poster is not going to return. Probably wouldn't have before the ill posting, obviously not afterward.

So more posts in this topic will not help anyone.

Re: I need help [Re: Niki] #376322 07/20/09 08:07 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Niki, whether (or how) Aminah deals with people in her own personal life, she is, obviously, dealing with people here on the forum, and 99% of the time she deals quite well with them.

It seems to me that whether someone is 10 years old or 100 years old, he/she should not be catered to, to the point of getting regular members in an uproar.

We have quite a pattern lately on this forum: Idiot or child posts; old hand (frequently but not always Aminah) responds with constructive advice; idiot/child ignores advice or argues with advice; old hand (and others) are angry and frustrated; entire thread is allowed to go on and on until someone loses his/her temper.

If someone refuses sensible advice and clearly does not have the bird's welfare uppermost in mind, why would we care if he/she returns? Is this some sort of competition to have the most members, or is this a forum for sharing avian information?

Re: I need help [Re: Niki] #376323 07/20/09 08:12 PM
Melissa517 Offline
I agree with you Niki! Shall we call this thread closed unless we really love drama. And I kinda doubt we do here on this list. So we should all say " Good night Gracie"

Re: I need help [Re: ] #376324 07/20/09 08:14 PM
Niki Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
The mistake has been done. Calling names and using harsh language does not aid anyone. smile The birds, or the people involved.

Regardless, arguing over who's comments were right or wrong, and why the poster should be called an "idiot" and no one should think that is wrong, doesn't really matter.

The remaining of the posters, have certainly learned something. That matters. As you rightfully portrayed, we shouldn't continue the trend of allowing a thread to go on past its purpose.

Originally Posted By: Melissa517
Shall we call this thread closed unless we really love drama. And I kinda doubt we do here on this list. So we should all say " Good night Gracie"

Last edited by Niki; 07/20/09 08:14 PM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
winter reminder for our birds
by AllanMajor - 11/27/22 06:25 PM
Mathematics tutor
by knightgael - 11/26/22 06:08 PM
Windows-Sicherheitsp
robleme

by landale - 11/26/22 02:30 PM
Jewelry Watches
by knightgael - 11/25/22 08:33 PM
Jewerly men's watch
by landale - 11/25/22 08:19 PM
How can you feed pigs inexpensively
by textekprinter - 11/25/22 02:17 AM
Help choose a gift for my brother
by knightgael - 11/24/22 01:37 PM
I want to buy a watch
by landale - 11/24/22 01:03 PM
Photo Print Sizes
by RandellHamilton - 11/23/22 04:00 PM
Controversial Research Topics Guide
by billyroberts - 11/22/22 08:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site