Print Thread
o and this is a pretty cool story must see #376206 07/20/09 01:00 AM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
since i have been away from the forum we went on a vacation and well the dogs got the food bowl out of mias cage and mia climbed out of cage and the dogs never really liked the birds much and well
there was feathers all around the room and i thought they ate her but i would always let her fly around the house and she knew her way around but she was in the bedroom behind the door and the dogs couldnt find her so she was ok but omg i was so worried but she was alive but couldnt fly well she was missing wing veathers and her tailfeathers she was a mess so i told her it was ok and that it wont happen again now i have the food bowl to where it wont be knocked out of the cage but boy was that a huge scare.

new bird mia
Re: o and this is a pretty cool story must see [Re: thekeetdad] #376244 07/20/09 05:42 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Oh wow. Is she still ok? I've heard on here that dog saliva is really bad for keets. Maybe you should wash her off.

Do you keep the doors on her cage locked? I have 2 cats, so I keep them locked with twistee ties all the time. I figure they might survive if the cage got knocked down, but if the doors flew open, not so much!! lol. Also, BTW, I work with my cats all the time; even looking at the birds is a no no! And they know that very well.

How wonderful that you found her alive!! You must still be in shock! I hope everything is good with birdie. Thank goodness she is ok.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: o and this is a pretty cool story must see [Re: tweetymom] #376249 07/20/09 06:39 AM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
yes they are locked and i its not a keet its a tiel but i washed her and this happened about a month ago i just havent been on and anyway the dogs knoced the food bowl out of the side and she crawled out

new bird mia
Re: o and this is a pretty cool story must see [Re: thekeetdad] #376259 07/20/09 07:41 AM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
so happy for you both!! smiles all around... smile smile smile

baby blue

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site