Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sad News [Re: ] #374378 07/07/09 05:45 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
So is there grit in there? I didn't see anything but oyster shell. But I do not know the technical terms for things.

I only recently stopped giving my keets grit from what I learned on here. The guy at Tomlinsons told me (when I first got my first bird) that they had to have grit. I asked him what kind they gave their birds for sale and he said they didn't give it to their birds for sale cause they didn't spend that much time there before they're sold. HA!

And BTW, my birds seem much healthier. They eat more food! I've been giving them Eggcite from Kaytee.

Last edited by tweetymom; 07/07/09 05:51 AM.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: Sad News [Re: tweetymom] #374384 07/07/09 12:56 PM
A
Ant
Unregistered
Ant
Unregistered
A
I was thinking, don't get rid of that food. I'm sure your not going to, but I just want to tell you just in case. When pet smart gets in contract with you, bring the food in and show them what's in it. That's proof right there that the food they sold you is hazardous and fatal.

Re: Sad News [Re: ] #374403 07/07/09 04:06 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
first thing, it isn't grit. It's quarts. It's very easy to tell the difference and the peices are much larger than grit. Oyster shell they usually grind into a powder and put in the seed as a calcium supplement. I got some Kaytee at Target to hold them over because it as 4th of july weekend and Petsmart wasn't open.
Second thing, in no way am I even thinking about sueing Petsmart for multiple reasons. One, unless I could find about 1500 other people who've had this same problem I have no hope of them even taking me seriously. Second, I have insubstantial evidence. I always throw away the food bags when I put the food in my tupperware container. And since I mix other stuff with it it they could say it was in the roudybush or in the dried fruit. Darcy is already in the ground and I refuse to allow him to be cut up, he hated the vet and people made him nervous, I'm not gonna allow a vet to cut him open at this point, it won't save him. I have kept the food as well as quartz shards found in the food when I was emptying the feeder to show them. My only goal in contacting them is to make them aware of the problem so they don't kill anyone else's pet and my goal in posting this story was to let everyone know how important it is to check what you feed your birds...

Thank you for your condolences btw. Nouba's still pretty annoyed with me, but I feel like Darcy is, if not in a better place, at the very least in a place where he understands that even if the people who had him for the first 5 years of his life weren't very nice, I liked him and wasn't trying to hurt him...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: Sad News [Re: ShamRockStar] #374404 07/07/09 04:14 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
I am sure he understands that.

Re: Sad News [Re: ] #374504 07/07/09 10:20 PM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
I completely respect your decision.
And again I'm sorry for your loss. Please keep up us posted on Petsmart reply if they ever get back to you.

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: Sad News [Re: ] #374636 07/08/09 07:52 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: Chocoemilk
I completely respect your decision.
And again I'm sorry for your loss. Please keep up us posted on Petsmart reply if they ever get back to you.
Ditto.
Originally Posted By: Ant
Thanks for posting this -- I was going blind trying to read my crunched up Nutriphase bag! What I want to do is find time to look up "pyridoxine hydrochloride" & so forth, just to see what their applications/nutritional value are... F.Y.I., I did see many (but not all) of the same ingredients listed in Harrison's pellets (which I trust fully). Maybe I'll research this and then report back...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site