Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ] #374095 07/04/09 02:13 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Aww lagirl, I am so sorry. You must be worried sick.
I think a recording of you birds would be great so you can play it really loud outside. Hopefully Peace would hear his friends and find his way back. If you have an extra cage I would leave it outside at all times with water and food and like Helwa said mirrors for reflection. Put the recoding of birds right next to it. Keep searching and asking everyone you see to keep their eyes open for the little guy.
GOOD LUCK!!! We'll be thinking of you. Prayers and positive thinking((((((()))))))

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: kksuns] #374098 07/04/09 02:24 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Oh no! I do hope you find him. Everyone's suggestions are great! Good luck and keep us posted.

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: Darkness] #374108 07/04/09 03:49 PM
_
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
_
How terrible! Everyone has good suggestions. I hope you find him, please let us know how it goes when you're able to. Good luck.

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ___JA] #374109 07/04/09 03:51 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
Lagirl, I feel so badly for you!! I do hope you find peace before tonight. If you don't find him just keep prayers that a bird lover will (or maybe a novice that will turn into a bird lover having been adopted by Peace). I'll be sending prayers and warm wishes that Peace finds his way back to you!!!

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ] #374133 07/04/09 07:48 PM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Oh the recording sound of bugies is an excellent idea, thank you so much!!! I actually found some clips from Lisa’s site (http://www.lisashea.com/petinfo/articles/bird_wav.html) & my birds went crazy over it, I leave the cage outside in the shade & cover it up on the top a bit. I’ve been playing the budgie sound all morning so hopefully Peace will somehow find his way back. I also posted up signs all over my neighborhood & talked to a few neighbors about him too. The weather is very nice today, there are lots and lots of trees around so I hope Peace is doing ok. I have a feeling that he’s been hiding in those jungle of trees at the end of our street, it’s a huge area & I see lots of little wild birds eating on the trail...arggg too bad it’s a no-trespassing area... I'm just feeling so bad for Peace right now, he must be really scared....he's such a shy & sweet boy. Thank you for your all your warm wishes. I'll keep praying & looking for him....This is a rather quite neighborhood so I hope the firework won't be too much tonight.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374134 07/04/09 08:28 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Aww man I was hoping for some good news. frown

Do the people who own the "no trespassing" area live right there? Maybe you could tell them about your missing bird and ask if you can look for him there? If they don't live around there I would search there anyway.Unless it's a dangerous area? What they don't know won't hurt em!
Still keeping fingers crossed. GOOD LUCK hope he comes home safely.

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374136 07/04/09 08:35 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
oohhh sweetie,
my heart goes out to you. it is the most indescribable feeling in the world. i have experienced it myself. it is especially bad when it is in a wooded area, any breath of wind and the rustling of the trees makes it nearly impossible to hear anything else.
gee, i wish i could do something for you... my stomach hurts at the thought of what you are going through.
one of the first things i did was call the spca and tell them my budgie got outside. i asked them to let me know if someone reported finding a bird of that description and put signs up in the neighborhood and the convenience stores etc... close to our home.
i also spent alot of time walking and calling.
keets in the wild, don't travel by recognition of areas by sight. even if they did... it is tough because our tame birds have never been out to be able to see an area, let alone be able to recognize it. i was told to walk and call as much as possible and play keets calling out to each other. many times, our lost friends will holler back to "the others" and we can kinda home in on an area.
leaving the cage next to the house may work because it is the one thing it will recognize by sight. check shaded areas and lower spots. they don't like the tops of the trees, they like sheltered areas.
i did alot of bush crashing, day and night. my saviors were the spca. the person who found ozzy had called, reporting the little bird they found. she was THREE BLOCKS AWAY.
you and peace are in my thoughts and prayers. a friend told me about sending positive "vibes". they are coming your way, full force.
good luck lagirl,
baby blue.

baby blue
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: baby blue] #374194 07/05/09 05:17 AM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
There’s only a slim hope in me by now, it’s been more than 24 hrs already & still not a single sign or call from anyone. And especially with all the fireworks tonight too...sigh... I stopped by the local animal shelter this afternoon (truly an eye-opening experience) & there were zero birdies there. But I’ll still try to wake up early tomorrow & start looking for him again. The no-trespassing area near my house is controlled by the city, it’s already closed down when we moved here so I doubt if they’ll let anyone in. It’s extremely difficult trying to listen for a sign of him around this “wilderness”. Well, at least I hope it provides him a safe & warm shelter at night if he’s still hiding around. This morning I passed by that area & I saw a few little birds eating on the trail. It looks pretty safe but God knows what really happening in there. I just wish I was there when he flew out so I have an idea of which direction to concentrate on looking for him. This is definitely one of the most indescribably experiences I’ve ever had like you said baby blue. It fills with guilt, sadness, disappointment & so many other feelings. It’s amazing how a tiny creature can have such a tremendous impact on us. It must have been such a relieve when you found Ozzy...and 3 blocks away, wow, I need to search & put signs up further from my house tomorrow then. Thanks again everyone, God I hope he's doing ok tonight...

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374196 07/05/09 05:32 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Aw I'm so sorry. But Aminah said they sometimes will come home in a few days. That is encouraging.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: tweetymom] #374197 07/05/09 05:47 AM
C
choirmom Offline
C
I feel so badly for you. I too had the misfortune of giving Bluebird away. He just wouldn't leave my sick bird alone. Now it looks like I'm going to have Yellowbird put to sleep; he is showing signs that he is in pain. (cancer)

So I Plan on replacing my birds immediately. Maybe that would be the best thing for you to do.

My prayers are with you. Hopefully, the good Lord will keep our birds safe.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site