Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Help? [Re: val313] #373201 06/28/09 07:08 AM
B
BalooBear114 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone for the fast replies. Val, I haven't seen any other strange things, really. I did notice that she rarely moves and when she does she seems to have a hard time getting around. She can still fly but when she's climbing on the side of the cage to get to another perch she has to flap her wings a great deal just to get herself on the perch and immediately sits the way I explained. I wouldn't normally be worried that she's doing it if I had seen her do it before...but it's totally new. Earlier today I reached in and put my hand near her to see how she would react and she did fly away from me and in the process she ended up flying to the food dish and actually ate a little bit, but not much. She's been sleeping quite a bit too. I'm gonna try and get her seen on Monday if I can. Also one quick question, and this may vary from place to place, but if she does end up getting egg bound, how much would it cost out of pocket to get what she needs done?

Re: Help? [Re: BalooBear114] #373273 06/28/09 11:37 PM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
For Peeps it was close to $100 dollars. If she was egg bound you would be seeing more signs. I am going to find you a link on it. I think just taking her in will be the best option. I hope your little birdie gets well soon. Please keep me updated.

RIP Peeps
Re: Help? [Re: val313] #373275 06/28/09 11:39 PM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate

RIP Peeps
Re: Help? [Re: BalooBear114] #373289 06/29/09 12:59 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I think she definitely needs to be seen.

There is a chance that she is experiencing pain or weakness in her legs. Only a Avian vet can determine if there are other symptoms that would point to

Gout
or
Arthritis

or some diseases that cause weakness.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: Help? [Re: joandboys] #373290 06/29/09 01:17 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi All,

Can I just remind everyone again, please, that all signatures should be under 200 pixels in height.

Thank you!

smile

Last edited by PDM; 06/29/09 01:17 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: Help? [Re: PDM] #373360 06/29/09 05:28 PM
B
BalooBear114 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the link, Val, very informative! Can't get my little girl in yet...tight on money. I think I might see if I can find an avian vet in Wisconsin because a friend told me it's cheaper there. I may be able to rule out the egg thing, not quite sure but when she flies around and lands on a perch she kind of stands tall and isn't fluffed up for a short amount of time. Then of course she goes right back to sitting like a duck and fluffing up. I recently offered her some millet from my hand and she chowed down, lol. But I still haven't seen her at the food dish except for a couple days ago when she ate very little. Perhaps the other birds are bringing it to her. I am also holding your suggestion into consideration, Jo. I suppose it could be due to any type of problem. Every bird is different and the physical response to illness can vary.

Thanks again everyone and I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Re: Help? [Re: joandboys] #374189 07/05/09 03:53 AM
C
choirmom Offline
C
My Yellowbird was showing these symptons plus a crusty brown cere. He was chewing on his claws. Also Bluebird was pestering him something awful.

It was time for their checkup so a month ago we went. Yellow bird has cancer and it's pressing on his sciatic nerve.

When he looks like his legs are really bothering him or he starts to limp it's time to think about relieving him of his suffering.

Well, I had to give Bluebird away. He just wouldn't leave Yellowbird alone. Now it's at the point that I'm going to call the vet next week.

It's so hard to make that decision. In your case please take your bird to the vet. Maybe he can be saved.

Re: Help? [Re: choirmom] #374204 07/05/09 01:25 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
choirmom I'm so sorry to hear about Yellowbird. He and you put up a good fight, and you have done all you could to make the time he had left the best possible.It takes strength and love to make such a had decision choirmom. My heart goes out to you.

Baloo, I think you have to do whatever it takes to get your little girl to the vet as soon as you can.The sooner you can get her diagnosed the sooner you can start treatment.I know there just never seems to be enough $$ to go around, but where there's a will there's a way. Give it your best shot.
In the meantime, have you tried putting a food/water dish by the perch she frequents most?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Buy Modalert Online|Modalert 200mg Sleepiness Tabl
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 12:08 PM
Purchase Generic Nuvigil Online for Sleep Apnea
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 11:47 AM
Buy Tapentadol Online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 11:08 AM
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 10:14 AM
Buy Eszopiclone online
by Derick Cook - 08/20/21 01:19 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site