Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
My baby flew away :(((( #374058 07/04/09 06:26 AM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I just can’t believe this is happening. I have Peace for almost 2 years & he always loves flying around the house. I try to leave the cage open whenever I’m home, since I’m always in school & feel very bad that they can’t come out to play as much as they used to. Peace would usually just make a quick lapse near by his cage & flight right back inside. He does almost the exact same routine every time he flies out so I was never really concerned that he’ll be flying somewhere off track (within the house). So today I had the cage open while I’m downstairs with the flock. For some reason, I decided to go up to my room & come back downstairs soon so I didn’t close the cage….Unfortunately, when I come down about ½ hr. later, I didn’t see Peace in his cage anymore. At first, I thought maybe he’s “lying” on the top of his cage (he does that sometimes), but after searching & searching, I still couldn’t find him. So then I knew my Mom has let the house door open when she went to the garden. I reminded her many times this morning to close it because the bird cage is open….but I know it’s still my fault, I assumed my Mom will remember & that Peace would not fly anywhere other than his usual routine :( I’ve been looking everywhere for him, around the house, the neighborhood. I even brought the cage outside for a little while, hoping that he’ll hear the other guys & fly back. But so far nothing. Couple houses from me there’s like this jungle of trees – “no trespassing” area also, so looking for a sign of him is nearly impossible. I posted an ad on Craiglist right away, will try to post posters around my neighborhood….but somehow I’m starting to lose hope already. It’s around 60 degrees here at night, high 70-75. Peace is a very timid boy; he doesn’t even know how to stand up for himself like the other guys do so I have a very special bond with him. I’ve always wanted my birds to be freely flapping their happy wings….flying around my house, but I never wanted they’ll be “free” like this. I know there are all kinds of predators out there so I’m just praying to God that an animal lover will find him before anything happen. This is such a hard lesson to swallow & I hope nobody will ever have this mistake as I did today!!! I feel like such a terrible Mom right now :((( This could have been easily prevented... [img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/lagirl143/IMG_2858-2.jpg[/img] I’m so sorry Peace. Mommy is missing very much so please come back or please be safe ok!!!! You'll always hold a special place in my heart...

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374060 07/04/09 06:31 AM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
Has that been this morning?
Are you completely certain that he flew away? Maybe he's just hiding in the house?
Also tomorrow try again taking the cage outside and ask as much people as you can!

MY thoughts are with you, I hope you find your peace!

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: Chocoemilk] #374061 07/04/09 06:52 AM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I found him missing at around 2:00 PM this afternoon. Actually, at first I also thought that he's just hiding somewhere in the house. But we all kept searching & searching everywhere & there's absolutely not a single sign of him. For sure, he didn't fly upstairs because all the rooms were closed & we didn't see or hear anything. It's only downstairs & there are only a few places to look for.

Thanks I'll try to bring the cage outside again tomorrow. I'm making some posters for him right now...:(

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374064 07/04/09 07:04 AM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
omg lagirl i am so sorry!!! things can happen so so fast.

put his a cage that he knows outside with mirrors in it and a bowl of water (they will reflect the sun and attract the eye, also he will be looking for water) maybe some millet and some food as well (bird seed or pellet, dont want to attract the wrong animal)

call him alot, he knows your voice. take another bird out (caged) and they will call for him.

do this everyday parakeets often come home within a few days and sometimes weeks later.

hopefully he stayed clsoe by and is up high in a tree safe.

im so sorry!!!

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ] #374073 07/04/09 07:21 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Aw what a terrible thing for you and Peace! Good luck for Peace and sorry to you.

Asking God for light and protection for Peace.

I hope he shows up. Are you going to leave the cage outside tonight? I think you ought to.

Of course please keep us posted.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: tweetymom] #374077 07/04/09 07:53 AM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Thanks for your suggestions & warm wishes. Yes things can definitely happen so quickly & so unexpected. I’ve been posting on other lost & found pets websites so keeping my fingers crossed here. There are many wild birds around my house (the small brown ones, I don’t know the name). They always come to my yard & eat the old bird seeds I throw out, 5-6 of them at a time. I brought the cage outside this afternoon with the other birds inside. Do you think the wild birds will scare my guys inside if I put some foods on the top of the cage? Or should I just put it on the ground, next to the cage? I’ll definitely try the mirror & water bowl, great idea :) I brought the cage inside already, cuz I have the other birds in there too. I can’t wait til tomorrow so I can start searching for him again...Oh and all the fireworks will scare him tomorrow :(

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: lagirl143] #374078 07/04/09 08:04 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Oh I do hope he comes back! If you only have the one cage, I see your point. Also I don't know about leaving your other birds outside in the cage. Mites from wild birds.

You and Peace are in my prayers and thoughts!

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: tweetymom] #374079 07/04/09 09:05 AM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
oh no the fire works!!!

i would suggest all day tomorrow, specially first thing in the morning take the cage outside with one of the other birds so they will chirp and call him, and see f he will come and leave a cage outside all day long and just keep tryng to locate him, maybe make a recording of a budgie calling and play it very loud outside for him.. poor peace!

Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: ] #374081 07/04/09 09:15 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
The recording thing would be great to do!! I recorded my birds on my cell phone and played it back to them and they just went crazy!!

If Peace hears his friends talking on a recording ( you can play it back loudly in the yard ) it might help him to orient himself back to your yard and the cage!

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My baby flew away :(((( [Re: tweetymom] #374083 07/04/09 10:13 AM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
there are a ton of budgie sounds online or you could record your own birds.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site