Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beaker talking #372465 06/24/09 01:12 AM
pretty bird Offline OP
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Have not been on for awhile but just thought I'd let you guys know that Beaker who for sure is a female and who we raised from an egg is talking. She says pretty bird and says it a lot. You should hear her when she gets on a roll its so funny. I think she learned to talk mostly from Nacho one of our tiels. Anyway Beaker thinks she is a cockatiel as I have her upstairs with the two tiels and the other keets downstairs.

I have tried bringing up other keets and Beaker wants nothing to do with them in fact she kind of attacks them so back downstairs they go.

Beaker is jealous of Tonto and Tonto is jealous of Beaker over me when I have them out of their cages they try to chase each other away from me. Or if I'm scratching Tonto's head Beaker has to land on the hand that I'm scratching Tonto with. The birds are so much fun. Tonto by the way loves to cuddle he is a very loving bird.

My name is Connie
Re: Beaker talking [Re: pretty bird] #372467 06/24/09 01:24 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh yay! A Beaker update! Beaker was my very first baby to watch grow here. smile
Does she sound like a teil? I think it's funny she thinks she's a teil. LOL And of course she's jealous of Tonto and you. You raised her from just a little peanut! MOMMY
I'd love to see pics! Of all your birds smile

Re: Beaker talking [Re: kksuns] #372470 06/24/09 02:06 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
I totally agree with kksuns!! Awesome and we need pictures.

Re: Beaker talking [Re: ] #372505 06/24/09 12:28 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I totally forgot to say WELCOME BACK!!! It is so nice hearing from you Connie. Don't stay away so long this time! smile

Re: Beaker talking [Re: kksuns] #372544 06/24/09 06:03 PM
A
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
Aminah (helwa)
Unregistered
A
heeeey wow did not hear from you in so long, how is everything?

wow beaker is so grown up now, its been long time. That is awesome that she is talking haha poor tonto having to share his mom with a budgie

Re: Beaker talking [Re: ] #372805 06/25/09 10:08 PM
pretty bird Offline OP
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Hi To answer question does Beaker sound like a tiel and she certainly does. She makes all of the same sounds that Tonto and Nacho make. However sometimes she forgets and scolds like a keet does. She is just one crazy little budgie.

The rest of the keets are doing fine except Tweety. All of a sudden her beak started growing long so we took her to the vet and found out something is wrong with her liver its a genetic thing and she will pass away from it there is no cure. So all we can do it let her live her life out with her friends. Vet could not say how long she will be with us. So will loose another of my favorite keets. (They all end up being favorites I guess).
I just hope Beaker will not have the same defect as her father was bought from the same breeder that I got Tweety from. Her mother was a half English and we got her from some really nice ladies that took better care of their birds.

My name is Connie

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site