Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! #370628 06/09/09 01:10 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Unregistered
C

Okay so I went to go over to the cage to say hi to all the little buggers and on my way I see Caico in the window. Literally IN the window!! We have those really old windows that are a wooden square that lifts up? Anyway this window has the air conditioner in the bottom part and (as I now discovered AFTER the fact) hubby forgot to put the foam in the space at the top when he put in the air conditioner. That blanket was NOT in the window at the time either. When I saw Caico in there I freaked out!! There is also a gap at the bottom edge of the top window right under where he was sitting......story cont. w/next photo

I rushed outside and crammed a baby blanket in the space. I ended up having to shove another full size blanket into the windows so that I slowly lifted Caico up towards the opening. I still couldn't get him all the way up to the opening and it was getting harder and harder to shove the blanket in. Worried now the pressure might make the glass break (remember this is also old glass-not shatter resistant stuff ya know?), I went back inside the house and put a branch into the opening and down to where Caico was at. It took him a couple of tries but he finally got up the stick and out the opening back into the dining room.

The boys all got a millet treat to help Caico calm down. Me? I was shaking for HOURS!!

So if you have old windows, PLEASE be sure they are sealed up!! I thought ours were, but they weren't. At least this one wasn't!!

Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: ] #370629 06/09/09 01:34 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Whew!!! that was close. Glad you got him safe. Husbands! huh...can't live with them...can't live without them.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: joandboys] #370631 06/09/09 01:39 AM
_
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
_
YIKES! How scary! I'm glad he's OK, though. Give yourself a good pat on the back for staying cool and rescuing him.

Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: ___JA] #370636 06/09/09 02:22 AM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
Phew!
But great job! You can now calm down, as I guessed you have.
Please do tell hubby, but not in a scolding way!

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: Chocoemilk] #370642 06/09/09 02:27 AM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
Originally Posted By: Chocoemilk
Please do tell hubby, but not in a scolding way!
Oops, too late! I was feeling very grouchy this afternoon when hubby woke up. I don't know why but I was. **ducking head in shame** and it was hubby's birthday too.

Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: ] #370645 06/09/09 02:35 AM
tealcandtina Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I am so happy for you to have Caico safe! Spring is in the air for sure! Happy birthday to your husband!

Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: ] #370646 06/09/09 02:40 AM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
Yeah I figured it was a too late for that post, but had to do it in case hubby was all day away working.
It's understandable, I mentioned it cause when we get shocked like that we don't really care and just scold harshly, happens to me all the time lol. I guess he knows the importance of that to you so I think he was ok with the scolding? (although he was waking up, :S hahaha). The good thing is Caico is back with you! Otherwise I'd be calling on the phone to scold him myself!
By the way, congratulate him for me!!

Also, a bit off the topic, but I cooked (brown) rice for my keets the other day, and they are eating it great, I mixed it with some seeds too. However my keets kinda like hull the rice, although it doesn't have a hull, I wanted you know if your keets ate it the same way? Thanks for the tip!

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: Chocoemilk] #370651 06/09/09 02:58 AM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
LOL, yeah he is used to me and my moods by now (mental pause and all that ya know? LOL) Mine seem to roll everything they eat as if they are trying to hull it.

Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: ] #370658 06/09/09 04:29 AM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
Correct!
Great. But do half rice grains end up on the bottom of the cage? In my case it is a complete mess after they ate a lot of rice!

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: OMG!! I almost lost Caico today!!!!! [Re: Chocoemilk] #370660 06/09/09 04:42 AM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
It is a complete mess everyday!! LOL whatever they eat, they throw a lot or drop it. You should see the wall by where they are during the day!! Hubby commented and I told him I was just going to put a frame around it. After all it is beautiful budgie art my babies made for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site