Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Are The Birds Outside Ok??? #368643 05/25/09 01:15 PM
Cloeyisadorable Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
Hi many of you might remember me....I'm Bluiscute15...yeah long story why I changed it I'll tell you guys later. My question is, that I'm still on step 1 right now because Cloey is adjusted to her new,safe, clean enviroment but she is still I think not ready for step 2 yet. I was thinking on starting it today sometime and just see what happens but I let her listen and talk and chirp to the other birds(in her own chirp of course) and I woke up today thinking....will that disrupt my training with her that I want to start today. Here is the thing, I do shut the window and lock it and I close my blinds and I turn on my lights and play wonderful classical music to soothe her and to still let her know that where she is is safe...but I was just wondering will the birds outside distract her still because she might still remember them I dunno Please help me!!!

Last edited by Cloeyisadorable; 05/25/09 01:16 PM. Reason: Misspelling Errors

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets
Re: Are The Birds Outside Ok??? [Re: Cloeyisadorable] #368647 05/25/09 02:09 PM
Babies and Birds Offline
Friend
Friend
That's a great question. While I was training Blue I didn't want him to hear other birds either b/c I thought it would make him sad or something. But please open your blinds, birds need the sunlight. smile Read the fading feathers post, its totally good for them. :-) After she is trained, you should be able to open your window too (as long as their is a strong screen so your birdie friend can't escape). Good luck smile

Re: Are The Birds Outside Ok??? [Re: Babies and Birds] #368657 05/25/09 04:05 PM
Cloeyisadorable Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
Thanks I already knew about the sunlight and I already read the fading feathers post so I already had that in mind....thanks for your post I appreciate it I will try step 2 again tommorow b/c she is scared right now so I'm just gonna at her pace of training. Thanks again!! ^___^

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets
Re: Are The Birds Outside Ok??? [Re: Cloeyisadorable] #368687 05/25/09 07:18 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
mine love to hear other birds! they yell and holler. tringkit is starting to practice a robin call. they love it so i use a different time to work with them. if they are having fun singing with the other birds... they are not paying attention to me. rather listen to them sing!!!!

baby blue

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site