Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed #363911 04/30/09 05:50 PM
guess what? Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
on the craigslist there's a lot of people rehoming Quaker parrots, most of the reasons I read was they aren't ready for the bird, or it doesn't get along with another pet/person ect. I hope they all find homes, it makes me sad that I cant gather them all up and love'em. I know I wouldn't have the time because I have a baby on the way.literally, I'm dilated and I lost my mucus plug yesterday. I write really long post don't I? Every time Ive written one its like a loooong thing, and there's always two things to read about instead of just whats in the subject. Any ways....

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: guess what?] #363950 04/30/09 10:24 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
You better be sure and let us know when the "big event" happens. Sounds like it is really gonna be soon.

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: BLR] #363956 04/30/09 10:41 PM
guess what? Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
yeah, so far Im dilated by only one centimeter, but my plug is gone, and my doc said that it could be a few days or 2 weeks. If I feel any increased pressure/contractions/or leak/gush fluids then I have to check in the hospital. My actual due date is May 17th, but she said it will be before that now.

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: guess what?] #363958 04/30/09 10:50 PM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
how horrible for those poor birds. i sure hope they all go to good forever homes.

how wonderful for you. congrats on having the baby soon. no stressing or you will have the baby a lot sooner. smile
do you know what you are having?

Bella
Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: SweetBirdies] #364011 05/01/09 02:28 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
yea sadly a quaker is not at all a bird for just anyone. they take a special person with a special level of love for that bird LOL trust me on that one, i love cosmo with all my heart but some days ... many days i so just wana throw her outside haha iw ould nevver do that but she trys my nerves 24 hrs a day

they are loud and stubborn and truly are a one person bird, its rare that they like more than one person lol they eat alot, build crazy nests, and get bored very very easily, which leads to behavior issues.

but they ARE good birds and make excellent pets, you just have to really know what you are doing to be happy owning one

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: ] #364012 05/01/09 02:35 AM
Chocoemilk Offline
Friend
Friend
I would try to teach him math. Afterall that's what I do haha.
Also would build a common nest for the parrot and me, maybe my room would be the nest! Huge nest and I would live between twigs and branches, and I would bathe in a big container just splashing around. (don't mind my wacky thoughts).
Would love to adopt one if I lived near and had the infrastructure necessary for its care.

~*¡Pericos!*~
Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: Chocoemilk] #364013 05/01/09 02:47 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Poor Quaker parrots... I hope pet stores wise up to the issue and warn people prior to selling them one (won't happen any time soon, but you never know...).

Huge congrats, Chicken Butt ("Guess what?") -- will this baby be your first? Hope labor goes smoothly for you.

Helwa, does Cosmo try to build nests with ordinary things in your home, or do you provide stuff for him to work with?

I like your imagination, Chocoemilk! I've often wished for Pudgie to magically be human-sized, or for me to temporarily shrink so that I could perch next to her. I'm crummy at preening (no beak!) but I do try... smile

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: ] #364018 05/01/09 03:08 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
pudge ... 5cents a cup, want some??

LMAO comgrats on the baby guess what.

yea cosmo uses whatever she finds, she looooves post it notes LOL i got her some that sit next to her cage and she goes and rips one off and takes it home and sticks it to stuff, weaves it between the bars in her cage and arranges it lol when she is done with itshe will drop it to the floor outside her cage

she also loves the tiny tiny post its, she will stick those to herself and wear it hahaha .. and they all have to be the neon colored ones .. she is a nut.

she also steals stuff from me, so i have to watch her... she likes pens, so i take the ink cartridge out and give her the pen and she goes crazy. i found a movie ticket stub in hidden under her bed once LMAO ... was for revolutionary road LMAO she sleeps on her belly so i made her several fleece beds with padding in them, and she hides stuff between the layers all thetime, she hides her treats there alot LOL

she has a ton of foot toys and balls and stuff on her floor all over the place, her cage is a mess, like a teenager with a messy room. and i am not allowed to clean it or organize it, that is a death wish!!! i yank her tray out and dump it very quickly while she is on her roof eating a banana chunk LOL

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: ] #364023 05/01/09 04:04 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Just how big is this bird ??? smile

Re: a lot of Quaker parrots being rehomed [Re: BLR] #364033 05/01/09 06:18 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
haha she isnt that big, compared to the keets she is a giant, her beak is about the size of their heads haha

she is about a foot long, very round and chubby/fluffy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site