Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! #363514 04/29/09 02:40 AM
guess what? Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
I think I just watched my keets birdy battle. They locked feet together, were flapping like crazy and there was acking. I couldn’t see clearly what they were doing with their beaks, but some of it looked like beak tugging. It lasted for a minute or two, I tried to stop them but they both ignored me. After they hit the cage floor they both returned to separate(but next to each other) perches and sat there for a minute in silence. After that they went back to kissing and preening. Really weird behavior… have any of your guys birds locked feet and fought befor?

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: guess what?] #363521 04/29/09 03:11 AM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I have no clue ChickenBum , cos i only have one, funny avatar. but I miss the sultry poultry, it was my favourite to say, can you find a pic to go with that.let's see def. according to online dictionary.com
sultry-adjective, -trier, -triest.
1. oppressively hot and close or moist; sweltering:
a sultry day.
2. oppressively hot; emitting great heat: the sultry sun.
3. characterized by or associated with sweltering heat:
sultry work in the fields.
4. characterized by or arousing passion: sultry eyes.

Got any hot chicken? Sweaty chickens, or chickens with that come hither gaze? wink

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: guess what?] #363523 04/29/09 03:14 AM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
oh wow...one thing comes to mind...LOL! GET MY MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER. sorry. laugh i know that is not how they do things tho. grin
how strange tho. my birds are not in the same cage yet, so i definitely have not experienced that.
i am hoping that it is not something they are doing to try to hurt each other.

Bella
Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: guess what?] #363524 04/29/09 03:15 AM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
mine have, it is usually after someone has been yapped an apparently extreme insult at someone else (or got "in their face". there is a major flurry of feathers, seed and water in all directions and loud "barking" (i call it) then it takes a while for the molted feathers to settle, creating what looks like a keet exploded. there is never any kissing or preening after. not strange as there has never been any before!! lol!

baby blue
Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: SweetBirdies] #363525 04/29/09 03:15 AM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
OMG I JUST GOT YOUR NAME/AVATAR!!! DOH!!! BLONDE MOMENT! LMBO!!
very cute. wink

Bella
Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: Coco's Mama] #363541 04/29/09 04:07 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
I have no clue ChickenBum ...............
I am laughing so hard at this I forgot what the question was!!

Oh yeah, locking feet/fighting. LOL I have not seen/heard my boys fight like that. The worst they do is, when they are eating seeds out of our hands, one will fly over and try to land on another birds back. There is a second or two of acking and one of them leaves.

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: ] #363566 04/29/09 10:19 AM
Dixie&Miss' Mama Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I agree 2

Missy goes to play on the playground (her little playhouse) and Dixie flies around the house counter-clockwise then he lands on top of her ._.

Birds - Missy & Dixie
Fish - Chai-Chai

smile
Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: Dixie&Miss' Mama] #363651 04/29/09 08:43 PM
guess what? Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
they do that too, its just that I haven't seen them lock feet like that before. They still love each other even after squabbles and acting tuff. Heck for a while Banana was forcing herself onto Still Alive to basically masturbate on her. THAT went on for a while , and Still Alive got to the point where she stopped fighting back and just let Banana do her thing. Every now and again Banana will masturbate on other things, her favorite yellow perch, a certain spot that's curved on the large main branch and she'll do it completely "spread eagle". But I guess that's getting off the main subject just a little...

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: guess what?] #363677 04/29/09 09:21 PM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
OMG!!!Boo had this doll that he would "enjoy" all the time. He used to regurgitate on it, I had a heck of a time trying to clean the darn thing. I buried him with it. I hope he's having fun. LOL

Last edited by luv my bird; 04/29/09 09:21 PM.
Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! [Re: ] #363693 04/29/09 09:48 PM
guess what? Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
aww... thats sad and sweet. I hope hes having fun too. Sorry for your lost Luv my bird

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site