LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: BLR] #361117 04/14/09 03:21 PM
Just5398 Offline
My father raised canaries when I was a child and remember being fascinated with them but have always had cats so i didn't think it was a good idea to have birds and a cat. I still have a cat but I swear she is the exception to the rule...she NEVER shows interest in the birds. I started with a parrotlet, then another then an african grey. I thought my life was complete with the flock I had. I never "got" parakeets. I thought they were noisy and loud. UNTIL...my husband walked through the front door with a bright yellow parakeet that fell into the road in front of his car on the way to the gym. He's not really a bird person, so I thought. He pulled off the road picked him up and brought him home because he knew I'd know what to do. He was in very bad shape so I immediately brought him to the vet where he stayed for a couple of days to get him on the road to recovery. when he came home I had a WHOLE new appreciation for these little gems. He would get so excited to go outside and chat with the outside birds. He was active and chatty...I loved it. Unfortunately he didn't live much longer...he passed away after suffering seizures. It was heart breaking.

I did try to find his owner but never did find them. I was bitten by the bug and wanted to get another. I posted a free ad looking for a parakeet that needed a new home. It was a week later that I got a response from someone that found this beautiful blue parakeet and they didn't want to keep him. So that;s how Hunter came into our lives. and now I've just added another blue keet. I don't think my obsession is quite over.
I just love how active and chatty they are.

Last edited by Just5398; 04/14/09 03:22 PM.
Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: Just5398] #361126 04/14/09 04:29 PM
S
Sheerah Offline
S
These stories are wonderful! I'm amazed though at how many people find their birds.

One day my cockatiel, of nine years, managed to fly outside through a six inch gap in my sliding glass door. I never thought it would happen, but it did. I spent hours following her around and called a friend to come help me catch her. She flew from rooftop to rooftop. She seemed so frightend. Finally, she tried to fly across a field to another rooftop. She couldn't make the distance and she landed on the grass, exhausted. I threw a towel over her and got her in her cage. I was so thankful!!!!

Sadly, just a few days later, after six years of living together, my lab mix got a hold of her and killed her. I guess it was just her time. It still makes me sad, and it took me a very long time to forgive my dog and to understand that she was ust being a dog.

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: Sheerah] #361148 04/14/09 07:48 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
These stories are so enjoyable to read! smile smile smile

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: ] #361150 04/14/09 07:55 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Ditto smile
I've been really enjoying them too. Some even bring tears to my eyes. I'm such a softy

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: ] #361162 04/14/09 08:56 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: Pudgie's mom
These stories are so enjoyable to read! smile smile smile

LOL!! You have such bad timing!! LOL!! Re-read it and see what you followed!!! LOL!!! whistle

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: Fabutam] #361165 04/14/09 09:08 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Er, yes, my apologies to Sheerah! I meant the positive, upbeat parts of the stories are enjoyable, not the sadness of a dog eating a bird of course.

One time, my computer simply didn't load the last page of a topic and then I posted & it seemed like "Huh? Wha? D'oh!" This time, however, I can't blame my computer -- I was just focusing too much on the happy & serendipitous stories.

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: BLR] #361166 04/14/09 09:09 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: BLR
Fabutam - I have goose bumps and on the edge of tears. What a wonderful story.

Sorry you felt close to tears but I do hope they were happy ones!!
It is an awesome story (even if I say so myself and rather amusing as I cannot spell throughout the telling of it!!)
My wee CC IS wonderful and I love him so! smirk xx

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: ] #361169 04/14/09 09:21 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: Pudgie's mom
Er, yes, my apologies to Sheerah! I meant the positive, upbeat parts of the stories are enjoyable, not the sadness of a dog eating a bird of course.

Wrong to say but... tee hee!! shocked

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: Fabutam] #361170 04/14/09 09:27 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Well, sometimes "stuff happens!" I really didn't mean to be insensitive to Sheerah or to anyone else who has included quite serious things in their posts here. I should have said that all of the posts (except mine!) are quite moving.

A friend of mine was upset for months when her dog killed baby rabbits in their backyard/garden. We all tried to console her with the fact that the mother rabbit chose an incredibly poor spot to have babies -- the garden "belongs" to the dog & has his scent everywhere. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Re: Why or How did you get your first keet [Re: ] #361171 04/14/09 09:34 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Chill out grin We all know you didn't mean it the way I wrote it!! LOL!! I just had to say it as it made me giggle (but obviously not the horrid story about death - that is just far to horrific and sad)

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site