Print Thread
english and common parakeet #360903 04/13/09 03:52 AM
S
se7encharlie Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
S
well i have a quick questions! can a english and a common parakeets mate? would the baby be big or small.

Re: english and common parakeet [Re: se7encharlie] #360934 04/13/09 04:35 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
They are the same except for size. If a six foot man and a five foot woman have a child - would it be short or tall. It just depends on the genetic combination.

Re: english and common parakeet [Re: BLR] #360946 04/13/09 05:33 PM
guess what? Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
because of the size difference would it be better to have the female be the bigger one, or the male? or because of the size difference the female might be wayyy more aggressive?

Re: english and common parakeet [Re: guess what?] #360984 04/13/09 08:27 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
If we were talking chickens - I could tell you it would not matter because the size of the egg is determined by the female. I am guessing here that it would be the same with keets.

Re: english and common parakeet [Re: BLR] #361009 04/13/09 09:50 PM
S
se7encharlie Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
S
lol thank you well put.

Re: english and common parakeet [Re: guess what?] #361010 04/13/09 09:54 PM
S
se7encharlie Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
S
well i cant tell i just got him today i think its a boy because the cere seem to be purple and i think its going to be blue soon. well he is very chill and very nice to the other..

Last edited by se7encharlie; 04/13/09 10:04 PM.
Re: english and common parakeet [Re: se7encharlie] #361028 04/13/09 11:03 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Does not make any difference what bird is English. English parakeets came about for showing purposes. They were breed to be a larger parakeet. Usually English parakeets have a shorter life span but by how much I really could not tell you. I have both English and standard parakeets. We did have an egg from a 1/2 English budgie (the female) who is actually the same size as a normal parakeet and a normal parakeet was the male. The female was a pale blue with light gray wings and the male was a standard green. The baby ended up looking exactly like the female parakeet. We named him Beaker and love the little guy to death (not literally). We seperated him from the flock (10 parakeets) and raised him upstairs with our 2 cockatiels. He now thinks he is a bonafied cockatiel which is hillarious. He makes all the same sounds and is even saying pretty bird (mainly taught to him by the tiels). Anyway got off subject here sorry.
Like I said makes no difference do lots of reading on subject before you decide to have a clutch there is lots to learn.

My name is Connie
Re: english and common parakeet [Re: pretty bird] #361046 04/14/09 12:29 AM
S
se7encharlie Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
S
lol awww i love my english parakeets for some reason he is more firendly unlike my other one lol... when i got him in the cage with other parakeets they were like whoooaaaa lol.... but w/e thank for the tip

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site