LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet #360569 04/09/09 10:46 PM
kkati Offline OP
OP Offline
if blaze is a female we want a boy still not 1oo percent he /not a boy sp acts like 1 anyway i dont want babies jusr pets i see alot of u have both m/f do u keep them seperate certain time of the year ? they would bee in diff cages just dont know the answers but want to know ?/

Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: kkati] #360570 04/09/09 10:52 PM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i have heard that you can simply rearrange the cage/environment ever so often. the changing often makes the birds uncomfortable and will not TRUST having a clutch due to thinking you will move the eggs too. not sure how true this is.
i have not put my birds together yet. still in training with Topaz. not sure what sex Topaz is yet either. Sky is a female, i know that much.

i am sure you will get some more useful info from someone who has more experience than myself.

good luck with what you do choose to do.

Bella
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: SweetBirdies] #360578 04/09/09 11:18 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
I just have all boys but like SweetNess, have heard that you can rearrange the cage each week during breeding to discourage breeding HOWEVER this does NOT guarantee they will not breed anyway. They don't know the rules!!

Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: ] #360587 04/09/09 11:56 PM
N
NanaT Offline
Companion
Companion
N
I have had both males and females together and never had anything happen........till this year! now I have 4 chicks and one more egg to possibly hatch. I can't tell you what was different this year as to the last 3. Good luck!

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else. That makes you unique!"
"Walt Disney"
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: ] #360588 04/09/09 11:56 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
I have a flock of only one...but have read in addition to rearranging the cage, you can limit their exposure to daylight. Also if you get eggs and don't want them to hatch you can buy fake eggs to replace them with or put them in the freezer for awhile. The eggs not the budgies!

again just stuff I've read. No personal experience with yet!

Kathy

Last edited by cyberbud; 04/09/09 11:57 PM.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: kkati] #360628 04/10/09 05:33 AM
Looney Luna Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
I asked this same question last year and unfortunately, they do not neuter birds but 1. DON'T get one of those "cozy" hide away beds or those ones that look like a nest because that will encourage them to breed there. My vet, and what I read, said to not provide any "nesting" conditions in their cage, and when the female's cere turns brown and crusty and the boys is a really dark blue, seperate them for a while. You can trick them into thinking it is winter by covering their cage at 4:30 pm and keep moving their cage to different rooms during breeding season, so they are don't feel "at home" in one spot. The only problem is once the female's cere turns brown, it pretty much stays that way, so, like now, I can't tell if my girl is in breeding mode because her cere has been brown for 9 months. I hope these tricks work for mine as well because I cannot have baby birds either..I already have 4.

http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/kakeen1977/?action=view┬Ąt=677d47b4.pbw
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: Looney Luna] #360640 04/10/09 01:41 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Emily's cere was dark brown for months...it just went back to a very light tan last week.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: cyberbud] #360644 04/10/09 02:31 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I have males and females all in the same cage. I did breed on pair last year (We have a nesting cage). I don't plan on having more babies so will not be opening the nesting cage for them.
I do have white marbles if needed. We are cleaning their cage everyday do hopefully that will prevent nesting in the future. They have not nested in the large cage. There are 10 of them in a 6ft long cage both males and females.

My name is Connie
Re: ok gotta ask everyone with more than 1 keet [Re: pretty bird] #360687 04/10/09 11:54 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
i have 3 new babies. the ladies i have are nearly 4 and don't want anything to do with any of them. i was hoping that i would have at least 2 males out of the 3. if i do get some males, is there any way to get the old hags to bond with the young fellows?

baby blue

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site