Next Thread
Print Thread
moving my finger with my keet on it #360632 04/10/09 11:54 AM
B
budgie_buddy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone !
I'd like to know how i can get my keet to not mind beeing on my moving finger.
The problem that she gets on my finger ok, but she gets off seconds later.
And when i move it,she jumps off !
any ideas?
budgie buddy

Re: moving my finger with my keet on it [Re: budgie_buddy] #360661 04/10/09 05:53 PM
Looney Luna Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
I think a lot of it depends on how long she has been actually trusting your hand long enough to step onto it. If it hasn't been that long, I read that by just letting her sit on your finger and keep it stable for a while, they will begin to feel it is as safe as their perch, then, after a while, try holding millett, as she's eating it and is distracted, move your hand VERY slowly around the cage, maybe even just 2 inches over then back again, progressing a little more each time. I know some birds, like my Sugar, pick up on it really fast and they don't mind your hand moving at all, but other's, like my Deej, are very hesitant of the hand in the first place and when he actually does go onto my finger, he wants to know it is safe. I've been doing what I said above and he's come a long way(scaredy bird)I can't yet walk around the room without him flying off, but as long as I stay in that small area, and stay seated, he's ok, which means if I keep doing it, eventually, he will let me walk him ALL around.... OH, another trick is, if you stand in front of a mirror, then get her to go onto your finger, see herself in the mirror(see tat the other bird is safe), that may speed up the training process(that worked with Luna but not with the boys)like I said, it depends on the bird.

http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/kakeen1977/?action=view┬Ąt=677d47b4.pbw

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site