Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: CassandraM_89] #352970 02/21/09 08:20 AM
Tanaka Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
[size:14pt][b]KassieM Said:[/b][/size] [quote]I watched the movie [/quote] [size:11pt][b]There was a movie, too? :o Ugh, I really am out of the loop! :eek: I DO know that a Darren Shan “Cirque Du Freak” movie is in production, however![/b] [/size] :) [size:14pt][b]Kassie M Said:[/b][/size] [quote]Is anyone disappointed with the movie? I am! It left out alot of good stuff from the book [/quote] [size:11pt][b]That’s often the case. :crazy: When I love a book, I think I’m more critical of the movie. But it is great when a movie comes along that does a book justice! [/b][/size] :D

Peace & Happiness
Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Tanaka] #352974 02/21/09 01:59 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
yea totally, I think books are always better than movies, I also think reading is better than sitting in front of a tv lol

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: CassandraM_89] #354960 03/06/09 05:28 PM
Kelsey Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I agree with Justin. The book is poorly written with repetitive descriptions and all that. It really makes me angry when authors repeat words sooo much. Its annoying. and btw, justin. I'm a girl.

ok.. that being said... I'm IN LOVE with the books. I'm actually a jacob fan though. I'm more into tight black t-shirts then tight white t-shirts. lmao. I'm an avid reader, I read more than is really healthy, and I literally stayed awake for 48 hours (in which time I finished the first 3 books) because it was physically painful to put the books down. Then waiting for the 4th book was HORRIBLE!!!

I went to the midnight release of the movie. And despite the movie's absolutely horrid depiction of the book, I was able to look past that and love it anyway. I went to see it twice more.

Even though the books are so painfully written, the characters are completely enthralling. They are all different, and their personal characteristics are realistic.

I do not understand people not liking the books because of the abnormal vampires. I think it makes the books very orginal, and I applaud Meyers for coming up with them.

I've loved vampires ever since I can remember. It probably comes from my love of reading. Whatever the reason, I was thrilled to read a completely new outlook on vampires, and the relationship between vampires, werewolves and humans.

I will admit, that the current teenage craze with this series is overwhelming, and somewhat irritating. But I can completely understand it, just as I can understand the male reaction to this craze.

I'm 16, will be 17 and a senior in highschool when the next movie comes out, and I STILL plan on going to see the midnight release.

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Kelsey] #354963 03/06/09 05:39 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Yea I'm turning 20 this month and I still love the books, I don't think it's solely made for young girls like everyone says, I mean just because Stephie thinks that there is more to a romance story than just sex and language doesn't mean it's ONLY for children lol

I don't know why, but I adore Alice! I think she is the BEST character! TEAM ALICE! I wish I could see the future...lol

Last edited by KassieM; 03/06/09 05:42 PM.

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: CassandraM_89] #354967 03/06/09 05:44 PM
Niki Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
NOT a fan of teenage vampire romance.

Since I have such a strong reaction to such concepts, I'll refrain further comments.

Let me just say it makes me gag. And fan girls make me scared.

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Niki] #354973 03/06/09 05:59 PM
Kelsey Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Originally Posted By: Niki

Let me just say it makes me gag. And fan girls make me scared.

=) =) =)
I totally agree about the fan girls thing. most of the girls at the midnight release were REALLY frightening. I don't even own any twilight shirts or anything.

Originally Posted By: Niki

Since I have such a strong reaction to such concepts, I'll refrain further comments.

you shouldn't refrain from saying what you feel. nobody will look down on you for it. especially over something so silly.

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Kelsey] #357338 03/22/09 09:01 PM
Kirby&Yoshi Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
The whole craze over the twilight series makes me want to gag. I looooove the series and everything but some people take it waay over board.

Also-while some people may not like it because it doesnt stick to the "original vampire theme", wouldnt it get really boring if every book that had vampires in it was exactly the same? Stephenie Meyer brought something new to the vampire world. So she gets credit for that. But personally Bella annoys me :] lol.

And sadly, I still havent seen the movie. I was supposed to go and see it when it came out but that never worked and maybe now that its out on dvd ill be able to watch it and give feedback on it. I hope it isnt like the Eragon movie-they totally butchered the book and I wanted to punch the director. Haha

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Kirby&Yoshi] #357345 03/22/09 10:57 PM
M
Mandy's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
I love the movie and wanna see the book.
I have it on dvd just got it today.
My mom doesn't like the name edward and thinks edward looks creepy otherwise i would've named Jasper Edward but instead i named him after Jasper from twilight.

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Mandy's mom] #357495 03/24/09 02:14 AM
Kirby&Yoshi Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Nice :]

I just watched the movie and I tried to keep an open mind. Even though most of the parts are changed and they took some stuff out I really did like the movie. This has got to be a first for me to actually like the book and the movie. I cant wait to see the next one-Ive read that Dakota Fanning is playing Jane. I really dont see how that fits... :\ we'll just have to see what happens.

Re: Twilight anyone? [Re: Kirby&Yoshi] #357499 03/24/09 02:38 AM
CassandraM_89 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
lol I know! I was like "Dakota?! NOOOOO!!!!" That little girl from Silent Hill would have been SO much better!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Upgrading my Bracelet Game
by knightgael - 01/30/23 08:44 AM
Mathematics
by Kerok - 01/26/23 05:53 AM
Nike towards the Chinese Lunar Yr inspiration
by AllanMajor - 01/25/23 07:36 AM
Why did my credit card company randomly extend my
by knightgael - 01/23/23 02:50 PM
Little Budgie Football Fans???
by Wuzzy - 01/23/23 04:56 AM
NCAA football rankings
by Wuzzy - 01/23/23 04:53 AM
Are the services of the fubotv good?
by knightgael - 01/22/23 11:13 PM
Where can I get feedback about the oncor?
by landale - 01/22/23 08:38 PM
Are product reviews important to you before you
by landale - 01/22/23 05:50 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site