Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! #357122 03/21/09 03:04 PM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
:D [size:14pt][b][color:#990000]DANGO CHAN[/color] SPEAKS:[/b][/size] [img:center]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/Guregoreo/DANP2080352.jpg[/img] :D [size:11pt][b]Yea! Dango Chan has spoken his first words! Over the past few weeks, he has begun saying my [color:#990000]OTHER[/color] bird’s name, [color:#990000]“Popo Chan!” [/color]:grin: Since I got him as a baby (he is about 11 months old now), he has been playing with some other human “sounds,” too, but nothing else intelligible has come out yet. :) However, “Popo Chan” has now become [color:#990000]SUPER clear[/color]. :D :grin: It’s funny he picked up “Popo Chan” because I have never said it to him directly, only to my girl Popo Chan! :crazy: I always speak to both of my birds and address them by name, so I guess my jealous Casanova (Dango Chan) wanted some of the attention I was giving to Popo Chan for himself! Either that or he’s working on a pick-up line. . . Perhaps next it’ll be “Popo Chan, how about you and me looking at my millet collection?” or “Popo Chan, what’s you sign?” :blush: :cool: It really is amazing the things these birds will absorb! I’m curious to hear what else Dango Chan will say ([color:#990000]I’d better watch my mouth![/color] :o ).[/b][/size] ;)

Peace & Happiness
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357126 03/21/09 04:16 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
OMG!! That is soo cool! You must be totally psyched! Yaay!!!
CONGRATS!!!
Levi's first words were Whatcha doin? I remember how thrilled I was when I first heard it smile I know that once he said his first words he started picking up on other words pretty fast after that.
So yeah, better watch what you're saying! haha
Again, a big congrats to you and Dango Chan! That's awesome!

Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: kksuns] #357138 03/21/09 07:53 PM
pollyannie Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
That is really exciting and cute!!

Clover,Calypso,Cannoli,Chooie

RIP sweet Kiwi
2-16-09
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357146 03/21/09 08:48 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: Tanaka
... Perhaps next it’ll be “Popo Chan, how about you and me looking at my millet collection?” or “Popo Chan, what’s you sign?” blush

cool It really is amazing the things these birds will absorb! I’m curious to hear what else Dango Chan will say (I’d better watch my mouth! shocked ).[/b][/size] wink
ROFLMBO!!!

Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: ] #357266 03/22/09 04:42 AM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
:) [size:11pt][b]Thank you! It just cracks me up that “Popo Chan” are his first words! :D I mean, I have spent a ton of time practicing other words and phrases with him. . . And then he goes and learns [color:#990000]SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT[/color] from what I’ve tried to teach! :D :crazy: :D :crazy: It really is an eye opener to how amazingly [color:#990000]intelligent[/color] & [color:#990000][u]OBSERVANT[/u][/color] these creatures are. [/b][/size] :whistle: [size:14pt][b]Kksuns Said:[/b][/size] [quote] I know that once he said his first words he started picking up on other words pretty fast after that. [/quote] [size:11pt][b]If that is also true with Dango Chan, things could be getting really interesting around here! ;) :) I LOVE these “little chatter-boxes with wings”!![/b][/size] :grin:

Peace & Happiness
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357277 03/22/09 07:08 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Well done both of you on your talking fids! That's so exciting. No speech from Emily. I repeated one phrase to her constantly when she was young, but she never picked it up.

I think she either considers it her name or my flock call, because she comes flying when I say it!

Could she really think her name is Hello! Hello! Would you like a lovely cup of tea?

Congrats! Can't wait to hear reports of their next words.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: cyberbud] #357282 03/22/09 01:40 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Tanaka, So far so good here smile He hasn't picked up on any of
THOSE" words yet.lol And that's pretty much a miracle!
And for some reason he doesn't say things I TRY to teach him,it's more like things I apparently say to him in everyday conversation,without even realizing I say them so much. Like..Hey baby(i say that alot when he lands on my shoulder),awww i love you, or love you bubby, kiss kiss,you're a pretty bird or pretty pretty pretty pretty bird if he gets carried away lol, good boy,you crazy bird. He talks to his toys quite a bit with his face right up against it. Like it's gonna talk back? haha
I guess i say these things all the time. Now if I try to teach him some clever little saying and repeat it over and over every day for a week...Nope, nothing!
Anyway, I think it's very cool that Dango Chan's first words were Popo Chan. That is just sooo cute. And I bet it's just the beginning :)He'll be giving Popo he....ck in no time! hehe

Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357296 03/22/09 04:10 PM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Congrats on Dango Chan talking. They are little sweeties aren't they. I have been trying to teach Sweetie to say "I'm a sexy baby" for six months. Nothing! Meanwhile he picks up "Come see Doddy" "Want to see Doddy". I do know they like the things you say in a really loving way also.

May be you should try saying what you want to teach him to Popo chan. HAHA Maybe he is trying to copy what you say to her.

By the way, they do pick up "Words" you don't want them too. I used to have the TV on at night and the "Sopranos" was on all the time at that time on HBO. Next thing you know....Well you know the favorite word on there. Thank heaven he only said it once.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357410 03/23/09 06:19 PM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
[size:14pt][b]Cyberbud:[/b] [/size] :D [size:11pt][b]That’s [color:#990000]so cool[/color] that Emily comes when she is called. Neither of my birds do that yet![/b][/size] :crazy: [size:14pt][b]Kksuns Said:[/b][/size] [quote]He talks to his toys quite a bit with his face right up against it. Like it's gonna talk back? [/quote] [size:11pt][b]That’s so funny that you say that because Dango Chan likes stick his head down deep into his [color:#990000]“foot-toy” dish [/color]and start chatting to his toys, too. :D I’ve been thinking he likes the [color:#990000]acoustics[/color] in the dish, but I really don’t know. He may just like the up close and personal part of “getting to know” his “date” before he decides to [color:#990000]toss it [/color]to the bottom of his cage![/b][/size] :) [size:14pt][b]Joandboys Said:[/b][/size] [quote]May be you should try saying what you want to teach him to Popo Chan. HAHA Maybe he is trying to copy what you say to her. [/quote] :D [size:11pt][b]Ha, ha!! :D I think you could be on to something there! But I sure do wish that he’d take a lesson from Popo Chan’s frequent bathing! He [color:#990000]rarely[/color] bathes, but Popo Chan often does!! [/b][/size] :crazy:

Peace & Happiness
Re: DANGO CHAN Speaks "Human" for the First Time! [Re: Tanaka] #357416 03/23/09 06:44 PM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I LOVE it when they pick up Human! Captain has lost some of his human since we got Cloud but he still calls my husband "Big Dude". He loves watching my hubby fix computers. Once while he was having difficulty he swore. Damn! Captain said that for 2 days straight LOL While we have our niece here during her vacations he calls her "Rosie!" Then he doesnt say it after she leaves. His favorite words are "Big Dude, Parakeet, pretty, hi"
My other bird says quite a bit. "Come on, hi, kiss, Muaah"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site