Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Poll: Tame or not?? #35138 12/14/05 03:44 AM
Cristina Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Okay guys this is my first poll (so bare with me). Just curious to know if you guys are bonded with your keets and how long it took to train them.

Hope you enjoy it!!

"You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them"
Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35139 12/14/05 03:51 AM
horsewise Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i said ricky was bonded to me.hehe.. hell probably get tamer and more trusting still but right now hes as far along as i wanted him to be and he loves me so thats good enough! laugh

i know why the caged bird sings..... cuz he has me!!
Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35140 12/14/05 03:52 AM
Cristina Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
I got three bouncing budgies. And only one (Cuchito) is really bonded to me. It took me like a week to tame him.

I got Chevy about 3 weeks or so and it's been hard taming him since he's too distracted with his 2 friends. I also wish I had more time with Chevy. When I got Cuchito I was just going to school so it was easy to tame him. But now working two jobs and school it's really hard.

Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35141 12/14/05 04:15 AM
Rick & Gebo Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Gebo finger trained real fast, but I still can't get him to fly to me or sit on my shoulder.

I expect it will probably take an entire year to get him to where I want him to be.

We shall see.

[]Rick - Gebo's Human Provider - Seattle, WA.
Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35142 12/14/05 05:02 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Well I have one bird Frodo, but I also care for my moms bird Sparky a lot. Frodo I have had for a while and she still own't get on my hand really, but she trusts me and loves me. Sparky is my moms bird and was trained very fast, although it took me quite a bit longer for her to bond with me once I came around, probably because she was already bonded with my mom, dad and brother before I started coming around the house again.

Wow question 5 is one of the hardest questions I have had to answer, I honestly can't believe that it is 9 to 0 on that question, I would probably make it a tie if I could, I would love to have an entire room just for keets, just make like a 10x10feet room into a giant jungle gym for birds, when I have a huge house I will, I think it would be so fun. And I would care less if they were very bonded with me, I would just take a chair in there and bring some millet with me and just turn in some crazy bird guy with a bunch of keets all over me, lol. Great fun.

Well great poll Cristina, I enjoyed this one. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35143 12/14/05 05:09 AM
J
J-Bo Offline
Friend
Friend
J
Sorry but I disagree with the last question. You can easily have more than one bonded to you.

To me that's like asking would you rather have one kid bonded to you or just several and just watch them.

Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35144 12/14/05 05:11 AM
Cristina Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
LOL Jloc! Question 5 was even a hard question for me. I started out with one budgie now I got 3 and planning on getting a 4th budgie. By the end of next year I'll have 50 budgies wink . I know I'm having a baby but I just gotta get one more budgie to even out the field. I could already see hundreds of budgies surrounding you Jloc, lol. Sounds like a blast! smile

Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35145 12/14/05 05:17 AM
Cristina Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J-bo, it's just a question of which. I know it's very possible to have more than one budgie bonded to you. cool

Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35146 12/14/05 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 6 (8) are bonded to me, they are just not trained. I feed, bathe, and interact with them all the time. They will come to the sides of the cage to "talk" to me. They just don't want to come
out of the cage. They know they are safe in there. Each one knows their name and responds when I call it. Training in my situation would create a safety hazard for my birds and they would become too relaxed in their actions. I think some things should be left the way God/nature made them.

Re: Poll: Tame or not?? #35147 12/14/05 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One other thingy. I don't believe they ever become "tame" they can be trained, but that is not the same thing. Many people have been killed by "tame" wild animals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Buy Modalert Online|Modalert 200mg Sleepiness Tabl
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 12:08 PM
Purchase Generic Nuvigil Online for Sleep Apnea
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 11:47 AM
Buy Tapentadol Online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 11:08 AM
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 10:14 AM
Buy Eszopiclone online
by Derick Cook - 08/20/21 01:19 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site