Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
my parakeets fight #350723 02/05/09 05:04 AM
C
Christian Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi i got 2 new parakeets and 1 boy 1 girl and they fight (bite,yell,jump at each other) and i'm afraid they will start missing each other thats why i havent seperated them yet can someone help?

Re: my parakeets fight [Re: Christian] #350729 02/05/09 05:37 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
Are they causing harm? Most keets will squabble a little and it is nothing to worry about as long as they are not actually hurting each other.

Do they also play with each other? How long have you had them? Do you have a food dish for each one? How big is your cage? Do they have space to get away from each other? Do they get out of the cage?

These are all things that can contribute to them getting along or not getting along.

Re: my parakeets fight [Re: ] #350733 02/05/09 06:01 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
welcome to the forum.yes birds will fight each other,trying to prove who rules the cage.also you could have 2 females.how old are they?if you can post a picture we might be able to id the sexes of your birds.as long as they don't harm each other causing the other to bleed or hold it claw up like the claw is hurting,I wouldn't worry about it.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: my parakeets fight [Re: big bad momma] #350761 02/05/09 05:34 PM
C
Christian Offline OP
OP Offline
C
they were kinda matured when i bought them at petsmart and the worker there told me they are boy and girl and their nostrols are blue and pink but i dont know how old they are i will post the pics asap

Re: my parakeets fight [Re: ] #350765 02/05/09 05:42 PM
C
Christian Offline OP
OP Offline
C
i've had them for about a month i cant tell if they play and they have a very large cage but with only one food cup also they yell loudly when they do fight.They do get out every day almost all day and when they get seperated they are way more cooperated.

Re: my parakeets fight [Re: Christian] #350809 02/05/09 09:32 PM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
There are certain mutations where the standard blue cere = male / pinkish brown-tan cere = female does not hold up.

Look here:

http://www.budgieplace.com/mf.html

And if you go to their home page you will see links to learn a lot more about your little friends also. Guides to behaviors, age, and genetic mutations.

Re: my parakeets fight [Re: ] #350810 02/05/09 09:32 PM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
Meant to also add that you should probably put in at least one more food dish. It helps reduce fighting if there is a minimum of one food dish/bird.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site