LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #348946 01/25/09 09:59 PM
CritterKeepers Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your sympathy guys it means alot. I was getting rather attached to them and miss their annoying noises. But the other two look fine but I will check with the vet here in town and see if she knows how to check birds. If not I probably would be travailing about 100 miles to the next closet vet. I hate living in a small town away from everything. I hope I can find some one to take my of my family or friends cause I have no car at the moment. I'm going to keep a close eye on them till we find out if the vet can see them or not.

In my zoo I have 43 pets! Want to know what kinds? Drop me a line! RIP Taipa and Hinto
Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #348960 01/25/09 11:53 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
That is so sad!! I've been busy for the weekend and just got here to read your sad news. (((())))

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #348966 01/26/09 12:10 AM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #349150 01/26/09 11:17 PM
OP Offline
Thanks guys this really makes me feel better. I'll hopefully be getting some more birds this weekend if I have the extra. I'll probably get two Zebra Finches.
The vet here says she can look at birds but dosnt really know that much about them as a feared but I figure she can take a look and will be able to at least find out if the other two are healthy. smile

In my zoo I have 43 pets! Want to know what kinds? Drop me a line! RIP Taipa and Hinto
Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: CritterKeepers] #349163 01/26/09 11:37 PM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
Do a search or ask the vets in your area for a referral to the nearest avian vet.

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #349166 01/26/09 11:46 PM
OP Offline
I did a search on Avian vets around my area the closest one is 2 hours and 13 mins away. (map quested it) Now I dont know what I am gonna do cause I dont know any one willing to take me that far!

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: CritterKeepers] #349169 01/26/09 11:49 PM
C
Unregistered
Unregistered
C
Wow!! That IS far!! I think I mentioned before that my vet is not actually an avian vet but does go to the avian seminars and sees A LOT of birds in this area. He is the one that my local small animal clinic refereed me to. He is still 45 min. away. I wonder if there might be someone like that a little bit closer? IDK Maybe just start calling small animal clinics in a 10 mile radius from your home, then spread out to a 20 miles radius etc until you find one that is at least "educated" in the avian sciences.

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: ] #349174 01/27/09 12:07 AM
OP Offline
I'll ask the shelters and the vet here is she knows of anyone like that cause that would be alot better then going 2 hours both ways. But if worst comes to worst I will go for it for the safty of my birdies. laugh

Re: a closer look at my keets [Re: CritterKeepers] #349447 01/28/09 02:05 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I'm in the same boat as C mom. There are no "certified" Avian vets within a 100 mile radius of me. But there are 2 different ones that see alot of birds and attend all the seminars etc that are 1 hr-1 1/2 hours away.I took Levi to the closest one for a checkup but didn't like the way she handled him or her attitude so next time I'll try the other one.
Anyway my regular vet is the one that referred me to the first one to begin with so I would think your vet should have a place he/she refers birds to also? Or you can check the yellow pages in your phone book and call around to see if they have experience with birds smile 2 hours each way! Yikes, that's a long haul for even normal check up visits, waay too far for emergencies. That stinks frown
Best of luck finding a good one for your birds

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site