LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
And then there were two #348743 01/24/09 05:30 PM
CritterKeepers Offline OP
OP Offline
Well two of my four loving keets died. I dont know why they were compleatly healthy last night when we put them to bed. They had food and water last night, they were fine and moving about and then this morning. They were laying there.

RIP Taipa and Hinto

In my zoo I have 43 pets! Want to know what kinds? Drop me a line! RIP Taipa and Hinto
Re: And then there were two [Re: CritterKeepers] #348750 01/24/09 06:17 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I replied in your other post Again, sorry...
To be gone so suddenly with no explanation....that's so hard to take. Be sure to keep a close eye on your other 2 for signs of illness. Ya never know what they may have already had before you got them.
How are the others handling the loss?
Hugs to you and yours ((()))

Re: And then there were two [Re: kksuns] #348944 01/25/09 09:52 PM
OP Offline
I have been keeping a very close eye on the other two, they are acting normal and are happy as ever and seem to be quite chipper. Which is good. I decided if I get, I hate this term but, "replacement" birds I may go with two Zebra Finches.
Thanks for your sympathy it really helps to talk about this. My poor fience took it really hard because birds are his favorite, this may sound mean but I am really happy is wasnt the cockatiel be cause thats his baby and the christmas present I got for him, he would have been crushed.

In my zoo I have 43 pets! Want to know what kinds? Drop me a line! RIP Taipa and Hinto
Re: And then there were two [Re: CritterKeepers] #348994 01/26/09 02:40 AM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i too am sorry to hear of your loss.
i lost a keet 11 days after finding it abandoned. it was sudden too. altho, i think he may have been suffering while we were away for christmas. a friend was caring for the birds during that time. anyway, the morning after we got home he ended up being so far gone that he went before i even got a chance to get him in my vehicle to go to a doc. i watched him close his eyes for the last time. it was hard for me, even tho i barely knew him. i felt so bad for not being able to do anything for him. i guess i got lucky with sky tho, since she did not seem to be bothered by his death. not sure they were even living in the same house when i found them anyway. who knows, he could have been sick before i found him too. i do know he is in a better place now, as are your little keets.

don't think you are being mean by saying what you did. you are just looking out for the well being of your fiance. its all good. still sad that he is taking it hard, but at least he does have his little baby still, along with the other birds.

good luck with any other birds you do decide to get.

Last edited by SweetNess1; 01/26/09 02:42 AM.

Bella
Re: And then there were two [Re: SweetBirdies] #349146 01/26/09 11:14 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for your sympathy. It really is a bummer when you just get a pet then all the sudden it dies. I'm sorry about yours dying like that, he looks like he was a cutie. (I'm guessing thats him in your siggy). I'm thinking mine may have over heated cause the blanket we used to cover them that night wasnt the normal one I use (their normal one was thinner) cause the other was in the wash. So now I feel really bad and responsible. frown
Thanks sweetness1

Re: And then there were two [Re: CritterKeepers] #349153 01/26/09 11:26 PM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
aww poo poo...I am so sorry to hear about this CK. I am sure it wasnt your fault.

Hugs and love to you!

Re: And then there were two [Re: Toastys MaMa] #349156 01/26/09 11:30 PM
OP Offline
Thanks. The other two are doing well and I am happy about that so I am going to try and keep positive thoughts about it and just worry about caring for my two sweet keets laugh

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site