Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58
Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: val313] #347744 01/20/09 12:12 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
VAL - too funny about the shadow. This is how scared I used to be of spiders - I was walking up the steps of our house carrying my young son. When I got to the top of the steps and looked up there was a huge (probably would cast a shadow) spider right in front of my face - well the next thing I remember was standing in the middle of the front yard and my son was on the steps. That is when I decided I needed to deal with this fear.

Before I dealt with it - it was not good enough that my husband told me that he had killed a spider - I wanted to see its dead body.

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: val313] #347745 01/20/09 12:13 AM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
Quote:
I also hate spiders. I know they are good for the environment blah blah.. but they are sooo icky, and fast.If they cast a shadow then they are just too big to live.
lol...that last part made me laugh and I totally understand you on that one!

Quote:
Before I dealt with it - it was not good enough that my husband told me that he had killed a spider - I wanted to see its dead body.
lol! You two are making me laugh..hehehehe!

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: val313] #347746 01/20/09 12:17 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
There's a forum member (who may or may not wish to identify herself) who has a phobia about worms; there's a real psychological term for it but I can't remember what it was... Walking around after a hard rain was a serious problem for her.

I've known several people who are seriously phobic about mice --- they hyperventilate, have major anxiety attacks, etc.

My phobia is heights, and it's only about 10 years or so that I've had it. It's not a life-stopping problem but it gets awkward and stressful in public sometimes.

There's a 3-story IKEA store I love but I have to close my eyes on the escalator (glass and open views all around) and I can't go near the central part of each level (have to be at the perimeter). My husband had to hold my hand once while I closed my eyes, to get on the escalator going back down. frown

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: ] #347747 01/20/09 12:25 AM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
My father had this spider that lived under our deck. The thing was the size of my fist. He would feed it grasshoppers and moths. It was quite tame. Blah.. When I would get home from work he would stomp his feet near it and it would run at me. It cast this huge shadow. I hated that spider. I finally ran it over with my car one evening! lol

I really dislike wolf spiders because they carry their babies on their backs. I did not know this as a kid. Well I sprayed one with raid and millions of babies spider jumped off its backs and ran all over my shoes and legs. Shudder...

BLR- lol that is funny. Your poor son! lol

Pudgie- heights can be hard I feel for you!

RIP Peeps
Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: val313] #347751 01/20/09 12:36 AM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
eek spiders! We have a lot black widows around here. If i find a poisenous spider like that in or near my house and i can reach it...its stomped! Actually i hate to actually stomp on them cuz of their plump..ick..bodies. So i will spray it with Raid or hairspray or anything to slow it down so I can throw a rock on it before i would actually step on it.

I know that many would say that upon close examination spiders are the most beautiful and delicate creatures but to me I do not feel this way.
Nah...i know they are beautiful in their own way but they need to be beautiful far away from my house! I will appreciate them much more from a far, far distance

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: val313] #347752 01/20/09 12:36 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
lol lol lol Val - one afternoon I stomped on a spider (didn't know it was a wolf spider) it was like some horror show - little spiders spued out every where - scared the living daylihgts out of me.

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: BLR] #347755 01/20/09 12:57 AM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Spiders, roaches, anything that is in the bathroom with Marge - brings out the all out kill mode, but she tends to not be as good aiming when she in the berserker mode. So I have to go rescue her. Fortunately, this hasn't happened since we left the Tampa area in 2002.

Her real phobia is fear of balloons. She had a brother who used to terrorize her by popping them in her face. People in her family used to laugh about it, and put her down about it until I put a stop to it. I'm her Bear! Protective bear, that is.

And I have a niece who wants nothing to do with clowns. She saw one just this past week (in a show), and she ran to be with her parents. I'd say the clown was lucky. This little 7 yo knows karate and has a killer roundhouse kick.

My phobias? I have a moderate to heavy fear of heights. Yet, I climbed the mast of an aircraft carrier several times to the 2nd hightest antenna there - the passive Electronic Countermeasures antenna - to work on it. And I was the one to take pictures at the Grand Canyon (Marge wouldn't go near).

And I have a fear of abandonment (from childhood).

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: Toastys MaMa] #347761 01/20/09 01:04 AM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i have 2 phobias...

1 is spiders. i was bit by one last year and ended up in the ER. not fun. it bit my toe and about 3 hours the pain was up to my thigh. eek

the other is of car accidents. sad subject, so i will leave it at that. frown

everyone have a good evening. crazy

Bella
Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: Carl] #347765 01/20/09 01:12 AM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm glad someone said balloons, my mom flips out and I am starting to get it too, at one job they asked me to fill them using this machine and i couldn't do it after i blew on up accidently, the stop button was a little slow.

Heights, it is bad, it can be embarrassing. I was in the mall and the second floor has a railing but the rest is glass, and I saw this boy leaning over calling to someone and my knees gave out half way and i caught myself but was very close to just dropping to the floor. I was dizzy and went into the first store I could think i actually pushed through people to get in. Even in our house the stairs have open work iron railings and I cannot look over or down. I have fallen off a two step stool and a chair.

It's really bad.

Re: DO YOU HAVE A PHOBIA? [Re: Coco's Mama] #347769 01/20/09 01:31 AM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
coco's mom, wow. sorry to hear about how bad your heights phobia is. that sounds like you must have a lot of hard days.

Originally Posted By: Carl
My phobias? I have a moderate to heavy fear of heights. Yet, I climbed the mast of an aircraft carrier several times to the 2nd highest antenna there - the passive Electronic Countermeasures antenna - to work on it. And I was the one to take pictures at the Grand Canyon (Marge wouldn't go near).

And I have a fear of abandonment (from childhood).

i use to be in the navy. i know how HIGH those darn antennas are. it sure is scary. i wouldn't want to climb them for fear of falling. yikes!!

and the abandonment is one of mine too. like you for me it is from childhood as well. i forgot about that one.

Bella
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site