Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Needing to Vent [Re: ] #344510 12/31/08 04:42 AM
G
guesswhokatysue Offline
Friend
Friend
G
Pet stores like this frustrate me. I work in one myself, and I open the store most often meaning that EVERY SINGLE DAY we clean their cages, fresh bedding, food, water, and hay if the animal wants it. We don't have TOO many animals so we can take better care of the ones we have. ALL our bunnies (before we sold them all) were clean and happy and found homes so easily it was scary. we are a small pet supply store as well, but we can sure compete with some of the bigger stores as far as cleanliness. it isn't even that HARD to come in an hour before we open, and scoop out the bedding and replace it. AND at night we change everything but the bedding. I HATE hearing of stores like that, they are selling something they probably couldn't even give care advice too! In my store, there is ALWAYS at least two people, and they both can help with care advice, and what one doesn't know, the other does. UGH, bunnies covered in urine!? oooooo that makes me so mad! As well as everything else, it's a wonder they are still in business!

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: guesswhokatysue] #344864 01/01/09 07:42 PM
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
*sigh* I have found myself checking kajiji every hour looking for a cheap cage....I WANTED an albino budgie, just I only hve the one vision cgae with my 2 babies in it, no other cage at all.....

And I cant stop thinking about the little white beauty, I ahd to look twice to even see if he/she was true white it was so filthy, and the tail was all messed up, looked all choppy (if that makes sense)....

Gordon says he wants our next baby from a breeder, hand raised so we can handle it, but jeez...I cant get the little beauty out of my mind. It's probably not even there anymore, whats wrong with me :S

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: 428pm] #345638 01/06/09 02:23 PM
Tanaka Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b] :o Wow! :o I’d say it is time to storm that “pet shop” with a friend or two armed with video cameras & digital-cameras. :mad: Get the evidence out to whoever could help the animals. . . :mad: And be sure to tell the staff/owner exactly what you plan to do, maybe they could be “scared straight.”[/b][/size] :mad:

Peace & Happiness
Re: Needing to Vent [Re: Tanaka] #345647 01/06/09 03:16 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Have you reported them yet-and is anything being done?

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: kksuns] #345649 01/06/09 03:22 PM
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I did report them, the worker seemed very blase about it. She told me that Mausch's has had many complaints about them, but that they are breaking no laws. City by-laws do not outline avian conditions.

what the heck???!!!

Im taking it further, let's see if we can't change that by-law eh?

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: 428pm] #345655 01/06/09 03:55 PM
CMB Offline
Companion
Companion
Good on you 428

What an awful situation

CMB
Re: Needing to Vent [Re: 428pm] #345656 01/06/09 04:03 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
They say they don't outline "avian" conditions, but it's not just birds being abused-it's all of them.
Maybe you could take some pics and maybe sneak a video recording with your cell phone and send it to your local news station.Animal abuse reports on the news might get other people involved and outraged enough so they have to do something about it.
Til then I guess you'll just have to go start cleaning cages yourself LOL Poor things, there's got to be something you/we can do to get them shut down.
Or we could just sick Todd on them! haha

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: kksuns] #345658 01/06/09 04:58 PM
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I know! What about the dogs, and the rabbits??? They had so many different kinds of animals there, and the only ones that looked remotely well cared for were the kittens. Even the rats they had in a hamster cage, and they weren't babies...

No avian protection laws???? WHY NOT?!

It is simply ridiculous. I personally think that the person didnt want to be bothered. And if there were so many complaints against the one store isnt that in itself cause for concern?

Ugh, this situation has so upset me. I am going to sneak in there with my video cam. I dont have a cell phone, but I do have a small video recorder, and I am going in there with it under my sleeve. And I am giong to give it to the news station, because this is awful.

There is no way that a person like this should be allowed to own a store and treat animals like they are just so much product on the shelves!

/rant.

Re: Needing to Vent [Re: 428pm] #345708 01/06/09 10:54 PM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
check the links i sent smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site