Page 12 of 58 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 57 58
Re: 1st Crush *or* NY Resolutions [Re: Carl] #345285 01/03/09 11:18 PM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
So its now..Question of the Day.. unless not many respond so.. here is another question?....!! LOL!

Be patient, dear Carl.

Re: Who was your 1st crush? [Re: ] #345302 01/04/09 12:03 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: luv my bird
The 80's????? I was busy raising 3 young kids, I can't even remember the 80's. LOL
Oh my gosh --- LOL for real! -----if you substitute the word "Beatles" for Luv my bird's "80's," you'll have the exact response my mother gave me when I once asked, "How was it when the Beatles came to the states in 1964? Huh? Wasn't it exciting? What'd ya think?" laugh

Re: 1st Crush *or* NY Resolutions [Re: Toastys MaMa] #345306 01/04/09 12:14 AM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Yes, dear.

When I arrived at the little consolidated school where my Mother and aunts and uncles had gone, and my grandmother whom I would be living with until the end of the 9th grade, I was in the latter part of my 4th grade.

There was a blonde-haired girl named Olivia, 2 grades behind me. She decided she liked me, but of course I was more interested in the girls in the same grade.

But by my 8th grade, we both had crushes on each other, as I gradually understood that the girls in my grade were looking for older guys. There were still the parties, you know where the games call for you to go walking with a partner. And even if the 8th grade girl may be "going with" a 9th or 10th grader, you could still kiss, especially if you didn't tell.

By my 9th grade, Olivia would have been my steady except we weren't really dating. Going to basketball games in the bus was always quite fun, though - except when the bus driver was mean enough to turn on the lights.

In the 10th grade, I moved to Atlanta and finished school there, and then went to college, so Olivia and I went separate ways.

We were at that era when things were pretty innocent. The book Peyton Place had us whispering.

The duck tails were in, and Elvis was becoming King, and some guys wore the white Pat Boone suede shoes. And the '57 chevy was hot.

The next few years, in Atlanta, guys wore their collars up to signify going steady, and their was for a while a colorful kind of fitted leg kind of slacks that the guys were wearing. And the flap over a pocket was also worn up to signify you were "taken." And the girls wore a circular pin, that had a meaning (kind of).

Almost forgot, there were "short" shorts.

And guys were peroxiding their hair. I did all of it one time; then just part of it the next. I had a flat top, with a ducktail on the back.

The bop, the twist, and the stroll were big. "To Know Him is to Love Him was big."

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: 1st Crush *or* NY Resolutions [Re: Carl] #345347 01/04/09 04:02 AM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
OMG, Written by PHil Spector, and sung by the Teddy Bears.
There was a Doo Wop show on public tv the other day. THAT was music.

~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: ] #345388 01/04/09 05:17 PM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
New question for Sunday, Jan 4,, 2009

If you saw your good friends hubby or wife/girlfriend, boyfriend cheating on your good friend (something very obvious like sharing a passionate kiss or inappropriate touching or worse) would you let your friend know??

I for one would let the cheater know I saw them.
I would walk by and say...oh Hi, so and so, where is so and so..your WIFE/HUSBAND!? Tell him/her I said hello.
Then I would walk away.

I would let a day or two go by to see if he or she would then go to their wife/hubby first to admit to what they had been doing behind their mates back. If they are smart they would admit it to them before it comes from someone else. JMO

If they don't then I would have tell my friend what I saw. I would want to know if the situation was reversed. Even though it would hurt I think its best to find out sooner than later.

Last edited by i*Luv*Nature; 01/04/09 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling goof
Re: ~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: Toastys MaMa] #345390 01/04/09 05:29 PM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I don't think I could improve on that plan of action! You are a good friend.

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: ~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: Carl] #345409 01/04/09 09:13 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I like the first part of the plan - but not the second. If I knew that a spouse was cheating I would let the cheating spouse know that I knew.

I would not however say anything to the cheated upon spouse unless I had dates, times and pictures. It then becomes your word against the spouses word. Besides the fact that in most cases the cheated upon spouse (believe it or not) at some level knows.

Re: ~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: BLR] #345412 01/04/09 09:16 PM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
lol...thats a good point..the picture thing.

I am gonna carry a camera in my purse from now on....cheaters beware!! LOL!

Re: ~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: Toastys MaMa] #345418 01/04/09 09:24 PM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
I would let the cheater know that I knew, but I wouldn't say a word to the partner/spouse. Oh, I'd feel sorry for her/him, but in the end it's better for our relationship, as friends that they're not told. Even if you had solid proof, I still think it would hurt the friendship. I think there would be a degree of embarrassment and humiliation involved, knowing that I knew that there was cheating going on. Am I chear? I feel like I'm rambling.

Re: ~Catching a cheater in the act~ [Re: ] #345420 01/04/09 09:28 PM
T
Toastys MaMa Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
Yeah, I get you.
I know that if I was being cheated on I would want to know. I would hope my friend to tell me.
I know it would be painful for my friend to tell me and I would be hurt deeply, by the cheating but I would want to know.
I dont think the relationship with my friend would be hurt. I know my friends have my best interest at heart

Finding out lets the couple work on the problems on what led to the cheater cheating and the reasons why. They could then work on their marriage and decide what would be the next step. Could go bad, could go good.

I would want to know.

Page 12 of 58 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 57 58

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site