Page 1 of 2 1 2
PLAYING! -gasp- #343666 12/24/08 07:07 PM
_
___JA Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
_
For the whole time I've had Hayley, she has never showed any interest at all in the toys I put in her cage. Until today.
This morning, she grabbed the disco ball bell with her beak and flung it, ringing the bell. She also tried to take off the parts of the shells and other pieces to another toy, and also continuosly rung the bell to that toy for like 5 minutes. I'm so happy! I never thought she was a player.
I read a comment on here a while ago, a suggestion to getting your keet interested in toys. I can't remember who said it, but it was to play with the toys yourself, maybe ring the bell, fiddle with the shells, flick it, and make it look fun. I've been doing that constantly for the past week, whenever I go in the cage to stroke her, change the food or water, or nothing at all, flicking bells to make them ring and talking excitedly. It paid off! For those of you whose keets don't seem like players, try to get them interested in the toys! Its fun to watch, as well as fun for the budgie to play. =)

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: ___JA] #343675 12/24/08 07:46 PM
Jasper da keet Offline
Companion
Companion
Congrats, lol

Jasper
Everybirdies a critic...
Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: Jasper da keet] #343736 12/25/08 01:55 AM
Jasper's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
WooHoo!!!! Good job!

I have always had to show things to Jasper, even had to show him the cuttlebone before he would use it. Now he likes to play with toys with me smile

Now you can go shopping for more toys, LOL!

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: Jasper's mom] #343745 12/25/08 02:48 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Yaaay!!! Alright Hayley! Way to go dude!
I've always had to show Levi his toys and play with them too. Make out like they're sooo cool LOL Otherwise he won't go near new ones for a week! Same with a bath and also how I got him to try vegs at first mmmmmm yuuuuum and pretend to eat them.
Good job Justin ,and yep, I see LOTS more toys coming! hahaha It's fun to watch them playing with some of them smile

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: kksuns] #343762 12/25/08 04:17 AM
TBJ♥ Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I'm so happy for your keet grin It's so funny how some have to be "shown" how to play laugh

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: TBJ♥] #343763 12/25/08 04:31 AM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
LOL!! Alright another "playa" in the group!!

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: ] #343806 12/26/08 03:19 AM
_
___JA Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
_
Haha, yeah its fun watching her play. Time to go shopping for some toys... =)

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: ___JA] #343811 12/26/08 03:26 AM
me3000 Offline
Regular
Regular
lolz
great job.. i am glad to say that all of my (three in total) keets have played by themselve (without having to be shown i mean) but at the same time none of mine are interactive with me..
they freak when i get near the cage unless im feeding them that is..lolz :9 -kinda a sad thing though.. :'( -

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: me3000] #343952 12/27/08 04:39 PM
T
tink_luvs_bubba Offline
T
Last night I covered Tink and Bub's cage and I was just about to go upstairs to bed, when i started hearing this ringing. I went over to the cage, lifted it slowly, and Bubba was dinging away at his (tink was watching him like she always does) bell. I stood there and watched him for a good minute, covered him back up, said goodnight and he was done. That was his play, and I haven't seen it again since. He likes the bell when HE likes the bell.

Re: PLAYING! -gasp- [Re: tink_luvs_bubba] #344119 12/28/08 10:04 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: tink_luvs_bubba
He likes the bell when HE likes the bell.
True, true, true! That just about sums up budgie behavior!! lol hahahahaha ---- they will play when they want, with whatever they want, regardless of (a) how much the toy cost, (b) where you place it, (c) how chewy/cute/keet-ish it is! (But then they will start chomping on something they are NOT allowed to chew, the minute you turn your back) smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site