Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Jessica Rawks] #335243 10/31/08 02:45 PM
Me & 6 Fids Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
my lovies chatter can be quite loud...i don't know if she's talking in her sleep or just very chatty/ticked off in the afternoon b/c she's in her cage! lol! The new lovie is still very quiet and the third lovie will just say her name over and over. When she gets upset from being in her cage, she plays hockey with one of her food dishes. When she is on my shoulder, she will call out and that hurts my ears! So in summary, they are all different!! sorry i wasn't much help!

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Me & 6 Fids] #335251 10/31/08 03:19 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A person is giving two pair as well in my area male and female that are the same coloring but for $150. I can't take anymore but man I wish.

As for noise, my two are pretty loud but it's nothing I'm not used to.

Re: My New Lovies! [Re: MissnChris] #335410 11/01/08 11:46 AM
slcpunk Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Congrats Jessica! They are so beautiful!

Originally Posted By: MissnChris
Wow. They are beautiful. Question for you love bird people. Compare the noise level to a keet. Are they a lot louder? Ive never known anyone that has owned love birds, so im just curious.

Jack used to be a quiet little guy but recently he's been getting a bit loud. No, not a bit loud...Real loud, lol.
I think it's because I moved Happy into my bedroom. Her cage used to be right next to his. Now I think that he misses her being next to him so he calls out for her with an ear piercing shriek.

Re: My New Lovies! [Re: slcpunk] #336773 11/09/08 04:30 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's really exciting, Jess. Are they home yet?

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Stephen] #336778 11/09/08 05:22 PM
Jessica Rawks Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I actually brought them home yesterday. I took some pics, I will post them later! I'm super busy with a small crisis...which I'll tell everyone about later, too! LOL

(It's not anything Earth-shattering)

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Jessica Rawks] #336816 11/09/08 09:01 PM
Nancy30 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
congrats on having them home smile cant wait to see them

A person has one sense of humor and two legs. its better to lose a leg.
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Nancy30] #336855 11/09/08 11:23 PM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
congrats they are adorable smile sunrise and sunset smile lol

Re: My New Lovies! [Re: ] #336873 11/10/08 01:31 AM
Jessica Rawks Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I have decided to name them Luna (Green), and Venus (Yellow). They're pretty sweet, but hadn't been out much lately. The guy had gotten them for his children and the novelty wore off, and he's busy with work and school, so he rehomed them. I have them in my bedroom for now, until quarantine is over, and have had the cage door open all day, and they have come out a bit for a few minutes at a time. The first time they came out this morning, they both jumped right onto my shoulder and Venus gave me a few kisses. I had to clip her wings because she was fully flighted and took off like a rocket and landed on the light fixture. Luna had a pretty bad clip job done only on 1 side of her wings. All the feathers were chopped off really close. I clipped the other side, but he is still a bit off balance.
They came with a pretty big breeder type cage, long and wide, that has a removable divider in it, which may be nice if I ever need to seperate them...for some reason he had the divider in and both of them in one side, which is too small for both. They had one perch and NO toys! He was also feeding them parakeet seeds. I stopped at PetSmart on the way home and bought them some treats and a bunch of toys! He said they had destroyed all of their other toys, which he had recognized as frustration from not having enough attention anymore. I'm glad to have them home! They both took a bath in a dish of water today, ate a bit of corn and millet, some good seeds and pellets, played with their new toys some...They're pretty happy lil guys!

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Re: My New Lovies! [Re: Jessica Rawks] #336877 11/10/08 01:53 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
awww i love those names smile

Re: My New Lovies! [Re: ] #337098 11/11/08 04:40 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
they are beautiful!! How old are they? Kepe an eye on them cuz lovies are actually aggressive toward their 'mate' sometimes so they may need a time out divide. its really good the cage came with that divider smile I want lovies so bad! but it has to wait till I move out frown

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by latinkaone - 06/06/22 08:53 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site