Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #333923 10/25/08 11:57 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
So sorry for your loss its very hard to loose a pet.

My name is Connie
Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: pretty bird] #333927 10/26/08 12:07 AM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. It's been 11 hours since he died and I didn't think I had any tears left, but I'm still crying. I didn't think it would be this hard. But I have so many amazing memories of my boy. I won't be getting another bird.

I miss my boy

R.I.P.
Gordy, Boo Boo

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #333931 10/26/08 12:26 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I am so terribly sorry to hear this. I hope you can take plenty of time and space to grieve and to take care of yourself.

R.I.P. Boo Boo.

I hope you don't leave the forum --you are a nice person and your posts are always great-- but we can all certainly understand if you need to not come on here.

Virtual hugs to you.

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #333964 10/26/08 03:15 AM
Me & 6 Fids Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Diane, i am so sorry to hear about Boo Boo's accident. Unfortunately accidents happen and words cannot help heal the pain...only time. I hope you don't leave but i would understand if its too much. Hugs to you!

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: Me & 6 Fids] #333966 10/26/08 03:19 AM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
It warms my heart to know that you don't want me to leave. Can I stay on the site even if I'm petless? I really do enjoy reading the posts and even once in a while giving advice.

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #333977 10/26/08 05:18 AM
tiger's mom Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
of course you can stay on the site. please let me share that i lost my Herbie Herbert last year, and was convinced i would not get another keet... they just snuggle their way into your heart so deeply it hurts terrible when they are gone. i did get an other. Tiger... who is nothing at all like Herbie - and i love him deerly as well.

please feel free to pm me and/or we can e-mail if you need someone to listen... it took me a long time to grieve and sometimes i still do

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: tiger's mom] #333996 10/26/08 02:10 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Of course you can stay on the site even though you are petless!! I for one love hearing your advice and would miss your not being here. As tiger's mom said it hurts so deeply when we lose a pet and it takes time to get over it.It hurts sooo much.I know that the last dog I lost(I had to have her put down because of old age(15) and she couldn't get around good, started having seizures and kidneys were starting to fail) I swore I'd NEVER get another one and set myself up for that kind of heartache ever again.About 6 mos later I just couldn't stand the empty feeling of not having a dog so of course I had to get a puppy.I am so glad I did. Abbey is now 11 years old and yes I'm dreading the thought of her getting old...and losing her too but she has added so much to our lives..I can't begin to imagine life without her.I guess what I'm trying to say is give yourself time to grieve,take all the time you need. Eventually you will probably need to fill that vacant spot in your heart. Granted we can never REPLACE the ones we lost, they are truly irreplaceable individuals..but in time we can usually find room for another. The best and worst part of owning any kind of pet is loving them so deeply it hurts. But is there really any other way? Again I am so very sorry about Boo, it was so sudden and had to have been so awful for you. Hang in there and know our thoughts are with you.

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #334072 10/26/08 09:07 PM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
oh wow i am SOOOOO sorry for your loss lots of hugs and budgie licks your way

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: Kariva] #334191 10/27/08 02:35 PM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
Everybody tells me to get another bird, but I don't think I can love so much and then lose them. I know that right now I'm an emotional wreck, maybe I'll change my mind and buy another bird.
Today, it's been difficult because I'm alone. I know that time heals all wounds, and I'm counting on that fact.
Everyone, cherish every second you have with you pets.

Re: Boo Boo passed away this morning. [Re: ] #334199 10/27/08 03:08 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Don't let anyone tell you when it's right to get another bird. You will know if and when you are ready.You'll feel it in your heart when you have healed enough to open yourself up to falling in love with another one. Give yourself time. I'm not too sure about time "healing" all wounds but I think that time can lessen the pain.I know what you mean about being more difficult when you are alone. It gives ya too much time to think. Try to stay busy busy busy. I do cherish every second I have with my pets and my kids. It's those little things that mean so much.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site