Print Thread
YaY #333462 10/22/08 08:36 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
I have made one of my friends want a keet. she got one and now complains on the mess, and wanders how I keew the cage and all so clean. I told her I clean it out every day and she told me she would pay me 20 dollers a week for keeping his cage going. I felt sorry for the keet so I got me a job I still wish she would be more responsable, but it takes time, because, I have been taking care of keets since I was nine but I have gotten used to it so I go over today. He was not even trained. So i decide to give him a lesson of training. His cage was filthy and I scrubed it up and it was very clean. but, I figured doing one of your hobbys for money good idea. I enjoy it very well. But, do you think I should contenue training him when I go over there it might be easier to get him out. But, he has good trust, I even got some of my keet food with seeds and pellets, because all she had was pellets. He seems to like the seeds better. Well I figured it would be a good idea and thought I would tell the Forum wink

Last edited by cerdull; 10/22/08 09:29 PM.

new bird mia
Re: YaY [Re: thekeetdad] #333513 10/22/08 11:14 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's great that you're helping her out so she doesn't give the bird away out of frustration. And that's really good that the bird is on pellets and it easily trainable.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: YaY [Re: Stephen] #333528 10/22/08 11:55 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
That's awesome! Good for you getting a job doing something you enjoy!(Maybe not the cleaning part so much but workin with the keet)and you also get the satisfaction of knowing it's living in a clean environment smile If you have time to do some training then yeah sure keep doing it. Maybe when your friend sees how tame her bird is getting she'll spend more time with it herself. Congrats on the job.. and maybe you could suggest she should feed veggies if she doesn't already.

Re: YaY [Re: kksuns] #333636 10/23/08 07:51 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
I have sugjested veggies she said she will and I am going to keep up on training and thanks for the reply stephen and kksuns and she was seriously going to give him away to me lol but I would like my friends to like birds to

new bird mia
Re: YaY [Re: thekeetdad] #333701 10/24/08 05:10 AM
tiger's mom Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
What a great way to make money doing what you love doing - and - making friends (the keet) - and - keeping friends (the human)all at the same time!

good job!

Re: YaY [Re: tiger's mom] #334314 10/27/08 11:13 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
thanks thats what i thought to update: his name is chico and he now is steping up but still doesnt at times

new bird mia
Update [Re: thekeetdad] #334594 10/28/08 11:01 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
today i trained more saying sweet little chico and step ups in the cage and he is such a star

new bird mia
Re: Update [Re: thekeetdad] #334604 10/28/08 11:16 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Sounds like you're doing a good job. Chico is a cute name. Does your friend spend time training him too?

Re: Update [Re: kksuns] #334620 10/28/08 11:32 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
T
nope i am convincing her though

new bird mia

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site