Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stray cat advice #333048 10/20/08 09:57 PM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I am hugely allergic to cats. So is my father. We have so many strays in our neighborhood and some pets that are causing some major issues at my home. They dig up my flowers to poo in the pots, they spray on my house, they sleep on our cars or lawn furniture and they kill birds. Needless to say I do not like them. I am tired of sneezing or finding poo in my flowers.
My neighbor has taken on about 5 cats. She lets them roam free all over. I have told her I am allergic and she says "well they only stay in my yard." Yeah stinkin right..
They also have fleas. I have gotten flea bites from being out in the yard. MY YARD mad !!!
She treated them this weekend.
Animal control only deals with dogs and has suggested that I catch the cats and then they would come and get them. When I explained that I am allergic I got- "well there is not much we can do about cats."
Our humane society charges you to drop them off.
So I am kinda in a rock and a hard place. Can anyone recommend something that keeps cats away? I do not want to kill them or hurt them. (this has been suggested to me)
I just want them to hate my yard and stay out of it.

RIP Peeps
Re: stray cat advice [Re: val313] #333066 10/20/08 10:36 PM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I guess the reason I posted this here is because I am sick of people thinking its okay to let their cats roam around.
They could get hit by cars, chewed up by dogs, shot or harmed. Not everyone likes cats or dogs for that matter. I dont mind people having pets. What I mind is when their pets use my yard for a toilet and bring fleas in.

RIP Peeps
Re: stray cat advice [Re: val313] #333122 10/21/08 02:38 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
the humane society SHOULD be able to come and get them, to at least nueter/spay them.

if not then look for other cat rescues in your area, ask the humane society for a list, they do have one trust me.

and every city has several cat rescues that will come pick them up, spay and nueter them and adopt them out.

if all else fails... get a cage or crate and get the cats in it with food and water and drop it off right before the humane society opens, then they are legally bound to take them and keep them smile (trust me i work there and it happens ALOT)

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site