LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Cetan] #327439 09/17/08 11:01 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Well, this topic compelled me to spend three times as much as I normally do on eggs -- got some from free-range, regular farm chickens with no hormones, etc.!

Now I will look for happy chickens --er, ones that were formerly happy chickens.

Originally Posted By: Cetan
Even my local supermarket now has some organic meat and Costco sells organic chickens
I find this very encouraging. Even my local Ultra Foods (large, noisy, ugly, bag-your-own-stuff but save $ supermarket) is now carrying organic fruit and veggies. Slowly but surely Americans may be shifting to healthier and more humane food? smile

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: ] #327449 09/17/08 11:33 PM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
Sadly, I doubt it. People may agree that they should, but it involves effort. It's just like the health fad. Suddenly, everyone wanted healthy alternatives. Do the people actually eat them though? They rarely do. Most people just like to fool themselves into thinking they are acting better.

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #327454 09/17/08 11:57 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Your point about it being like a fad is well-taken.

If people are buying the healthy alternatives, though, even if they're not really eating them, then the supermarkets will see a demand for them and continue to stock them, at least...

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: ] #327576 09/18/08 04:44 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Trader Joes has cage free eggs for abput 2.50 a dozen, Costco has organic for 4.00 for 1 1/2 dozen. The pet store at my Vet's sometimes had eggs from their free range chickens for about 5.00 (or a little less) for 1 1/2 dozen - bring your own container. When you consider the cost per egg it is not that much.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Cetan] #327603 09/18/08 06:47 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: Cetan
Trader Joes has cage free eggs for abput 2.50 a dozen, Costco has organic for 4.00 for 1 1/2 dozen. The pet store at my Vet's sometimes had eggs from their free range chickens for about 5.00 (or a little less) for 1 1/2 dozen - bring your own container. When you consider the cost per egg it is not that much.
Yes... Hmmm -- I will have to find a less expensive source than my current one. (And I pray daily to the powers that be to open a Trader Joe's near me!)

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: ] #329345 09/28/08 04:46 PM
T
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
I do not. of course, they dont offer much i could eat anyway :P

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: The_Zookeeper] #333457 10/22/08 08:17 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
T
yesterday i went to buy bunananas and they were all ripe guess they think people will buy them to make muffins like me lol

new bird mia
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: thekeetdad] #333463 10/22/08 08:37 PM
A
Ant
Unregistered
Ant
Unregistered
A
I haven't eaten there in a long time probably over 5 years or so, I never really cared for there food and I'm not a big fan of fried chicken, I used to like their biscuits though, that was about it, but I coudn't eat that stuff anymore though, it's soaked in butter it's disgusting.
All fast food places are sooo unhealthy, I avoid all of them burger king, mcdonalds, wendys, ect. I once heard from somewhere that the grease from the food sits in your stomach for a week sick

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: ] #333466 10/22/08 08:41 PM
T
thekeetdad Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
T
Originally Posted By: Ant
I once heard from somewhere that the grease from the food sits in your stomach for a week sick

thats terribly disgusting sick

new bird mia
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: thekeetdad] #333469 10/22/08 08:45 PM
A
Ant
Unregistered
Ant
Unregistered
A
I know right, that's an easy way to avoid fattening foods lol

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site